Professionals who desire to receive the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, or the MCSA: Cloud Platform certifications will be required to take the Microsoft 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam. This guide is developed to help you make the best of your preparation and also offers information on the specific areas you need to cover prior to writing the test.
Where can you find the details of the Microsoft Azure credential?
As it is popularly known, the Microsoft Azure certification is provided by Microsoft therefore every detail you need to know about the certificate and its exams can be found on the official Microsoft website. The Free Microsoft Azure – 70-532 credential is designed for professionals who are looking to take advantage of the growing demand for Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure solutions created on Microsoft Azure.
There are many credentials that are available in the sphere of Microsoft Cloud Computing. Depending on your area of specialization, you can be sure of getting the right one that meets your career requirements.
Some certifications you can pursue under this Microsoft program include:
- MTA(Microsoft Technology Associate): IT Infrastructure– This is the foundation-level certification of Microsoft and it is aimed at professionals who are pursuing a career in desktop/server infrastructure, private cloud computing, and also aspiring technologists.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate): Cloud Platform– This certification evaluates the core skills of IT developers and professionals. It is designed for professionals looking for entry-level positions in the IT industry. The credential confirms your experience and skills in Microsoft cloud technologies and your ability to minimize costs and offer more value for modern businesses. Professionals with this certification can work as IT architects, or cloud administrators.
- MCSE(Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert): Cloud Platform & Infrastructure– This is a globally accepted and recognized certification for Information Technology professionals. The credential proves that you possess the skills and expertise required to run a very effective and modern data centre. It also shows that you have enough experience in cloud technologies, systems management, identity management, storage, networking, and virtualization. Professionals with this certification can work as computer support specialists, information security analysts, and cloud administrators.
These certifications form a pyramid structure, and earning the previous one is recommended for earning the next level. There are numerous training courses on Azure available online that you can sign up for in preparation of your exam.
Eligibility for the Microsoft 70-532 certification exam
Professionals who can take the exam must meet certain criteria. Before you register to take the 70-532 exam, you must ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- Have experience in programming, designing, automating, monitoring, and implementing Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Must be proficient with development tools, approaches, and techniques needed to develop scalable and durable solutions
- Have hands-on experience in the Microsoft Azure solutions.
Specific skills evaluated during the 70-532 exam
The certification exam aims to evaluate your capability to accomplish some technical tasks as detailed in its objectives. Each topic carries different percentage in relation to their representation in the exam. The higher the percentage on a particular topic, the more questions you should expect on that topic. Below are the different topics you are expected to cover before writing the exam:
- Creating & Managing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Virtual Machines (VMs): 30-35%
- Designing &Implementing Storage and Data Strategy: 25-30%
- Managing Application, Identity & Network Services: 15-20%
- Designing & Implementing Azure (PaaS) compute, web, and mobile service: 25-30%
The details of these objectives can be found in the exam preparation guide. You can download the guide from the exam section of the Microsoft certification page. It is important that you go through this preparation guide and acquaint yourself with the different resources available on the site before your set the exam date.
General Overview of the 70-532 exam
The Microsoft 70-532 exam consists of multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You can expect between forty and sixty questions in the test, and you have a total of 2 hours (120 minutes) to complete them. It is highly recommended that you take some courses before the exam to prepare yourself for the task.
The multiple-choice question requires that you choose an option that best completes a statement or answers a question. This option may include ‘point-and-clicks’ on selected areas to complete the test. With multiple-answer questions the candidates need to choose more than one answer that best completes a statement or answers a question. The sample directions questions require that the candidates read a question or statement and from the options of responses provided, choose the options that represent the best or most correct answers, according to the information provided.
You can learn more about the exam questions through the Microsoft exam policies. Sometimes, the candidates can come across simulation items and adaptive testing technology during their exam. It is therefore important to read the exam policies to be able to know what test format to expect.
How to register for the 70-532 certification exam
The first step is to visit the official Microsoft certification page to create a profile and register. It is recommended that you create a Microsoft profile page before you register for your exam. After registering at Microsoft, you can proceed to Pearson VUE, the official exam provider for Microsoft, to register for your Microsoft Azure certification test. You can choose to take the online proctored exam, which allows you to write the test from the comfort of your office or home while being monitored by the proctor through microphone and webcam. Before you choose this form of testing, it is recommended that you take a system test first to see if your location and computer system are compatible with the online proctoring software.
When preparing for the Microsoft 70-532 certification exam, it is important to pay attention to details. Study the exam guide and familiarize yourself with its objectives. Review the resources available to you and ensure you cover all content areas of the upcoming test.