DURATION: 4 hours
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Piazza Farnese
*please note only €26 per person will be paid now, the remaining payment of €103 per person must be made on the day of the cooking competition.
Ever wanted to be in Maestro-Chef? This is your chance! Compete with your friends, family or people you haven’t met while cooking. Participants or teams will be guided by our expert Italian Chef in the process of shopping for the ingredients needed for the competition. Once the grocery shopping is finished, we head to the class and start our cooking competition, where, at the end, our chef will sample all dishes and declare a winner! After the competition you will all sit down and enjoy the food you prepared accompanied by wine and/or soft drinks.
- Please note
- Reviews (1)
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Rome cooking competition Highlights
Rome cooking competition Inclusions
- Please note groups are of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 18.
- Payment: please note only €26 per person will be paid now, the remaining payment of €103 per person must be made on the day of the cooking class.
- Adult pricing applies to all participants
- Recommended age: 11 years and up
- All cancellations are subject to a 20% cancellation fee
- no refund for bookings confirmed within 48 hours of the cooking competition in high season (i.e. Easter, June to September, Christmas season)
- During low season, cancellations must be made within 72 hours before the cooking competition.
- For a last-minute booking (24 hours or less) strictly no refund policy
- All cooking classes are on, rain or shine. We will cook and eat whatever it takes!
- There are no partial refunds
What does the cooking competition involve?
Participants or teams will be given a map with Italian vocabulary, idioms, etc. needed for your shopping spree and to explore the shortest way to our Cooking Academy. You will need to find clues while being guided by our expert Italian chef through the process of shopping for the ingredients before arriving to our Cooking location. Once the teams have arrived, they will prepare and create their very own classic Italian dish in our Cooking Academy overlooking the Tiber River. Our Chef will then sample and rate the best dishes!
Where does it take place?
The game starts in Rome’s famous Campo de’ Fiori market and concludes on the other side of the Tiber River in our beautiful, light and modern Cooking Academy. You’ll meet us in the market where you’ll start shopping for the freshest ingredients for the competition menu (within the budget you will be given).
How does the cooking competition work?
After the market experience, you will follow the map to make your way to our Cooking Academy. You will put your apron and your Chef hat on and start cooking like an Italian, under the guidance of our expert chef and against the clock! Create your own strategy: if you spend less time for shopping, you will have more time for cooking!
When the time is up, our chef will sample your dishes and declare the winner. Speed of delivery and faithfulness to the recipe will be taken into account. But also be aware of teamwork and cleanliness, the keys to a successful kitchen.
Do we get to eat our creations?
Oh yes! After the competition you will all sit down and enjoy the food you prepared accompanied by wine and/or soft drinks.
Is there a prize?
Usually the prize is the food you cook, but for larger groups and/or corporate events, prizes can be awarded – contact us to discuss!
Who can compete?
As long as there are two people, they can compete! Private events are possible upon request with a surcharge.
We offer different kinds of cooking challenges including: Couples face-off, sibling rivalry, culinary competitors, parent-child rivalry, corporate team building
- Get your shopping list, bag and map from the chef’s assistant at the meeting point
- Get your fresh ingredients and make sure to have all the ingredients written on the list
- Use the Italian words, idioms, etc. written on the map while shopping
- Find our Cooking Academy using your map
- No cellphones! Using the phone is not allowed for communication or navigation!
- Meet your chef at the academy, get your recipe, get your apron and the chef’s hat, prepare your workstation and the ingredients and be ready to cook!
- Follow the steps on the chef’s recipe and listen to your chef’s instructions
- Prepare your food for presentation.
- Clean your work area.
- No cheating and no copying
- You have to accomplish all your tasks within the time allocated!