Running in Rome: A Scenic Itinerary
DURATION: 1.5 hours
TIME: 5.30am (1 April – 7 Oct); 6.30am (8 Oct – 29 Nov); 7am (1 Dec 1 – 31 March)
LANGUAGES: English/ Italian/ Spanish
MEETING POINT: Piazza Venezia (in front of the white monument)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Medium/Low
*Please note only part of the payment is made online (€6 per person). The remaining payment of €6 per person must be made on the day of the running experience.
Get active! Join Felipe for an early morning scenic running route of Rome (without the crowds). We will meet at Piazza Venezia, then run along Via del Corso until we will step outside of the touristic area to climb the highest hill in Rome and get one of the best views of the Eternal City at a height of 140m!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Running in Rome: A Scenic Itinerary Highlights
Running in Rome: A Scenic Itinerary Inclusions
Running in Rome: A Scenic Itinerary Exclusions
From Piazza Venezia we will run all the way to the Ponte Milvio bridge to complete the first 5km. This first part will be almost always in an straight line. After crossing the Tiber river on Ponte Milvio bridge, our next stop will be the Stadio dei Marmi to run a loop on the athletics track. From there we will take Lungotevere Maresciallo Diaz that will bring us to Piazzale Maresciallo Giardino from where the trail will start. The trail is almost 2km long with an uneven terrain made out of rocks and that's what makes it more challenging. We can rest at half way or run no-stop until the top and try to get there in less than 59 minutes. But there are no rules and everyone can join. At the top of Monte Mario hill we will take a break, have something to drink and take some photos. On the way down we will take Via Romeo Romei and Felipe will take you to a "forno" bakery where he likes to go for breakfast. It's a tiny place but everything is really tasty and you could buy a savoury or sweet bite. We will find one table just to hold the plates and there won't be any chairs to sit. Only standing. Please keep in mind it's not "The classic Italian coffee experience", it's just a great bakery.
Piazza Venezia, Via del Corso, Via Flamiania, Ponte Milvio (5km), Stadio dei Marmi and the top of Monte Mario hill (10km). The default route is 12km and about 1h30m ending at the Ottaviano metro station. To run back to the starting point it's a total of 15km and about 2 hours. If you would like to keep running, there is the opportunity to run around the Vatican hill (3.5km) and climb the Gianicolo hill, running up the 3 hills will be almost 22km.
Length: 12 Km
- Payment: please note only €6 per person will be paid now, the remaining payment of €6 per person must be made on the day of the running experience.
- Start times: 5.30am (March - October 7); 6.30am (October 8 - November 29); 7am (December 1 - 31)
- Minimum group size: a minimum of 1 participant.
- Cancellation policy: no fee if cancellation is made within 24 hours from the time of booking. Full refund when the cancellation occurs with an advance equal to or higher than 7 days before the departure of the tour. For a cancellation in the last 6 days before the departure of the tour (therefore also in case of no show) a penalty of €6 per person.
- Rain policy: the running experience will always take place, even in case of rain.