Florence: Dome Climb with Priority Entrance Tour
DURATION: 1 hour
DEPARTURE TIME: 12pm or 2pm
FREQUENCY: Every day except Sundays
MEETING POINT: Arnold Coffee – Piazza del Duomo, 4n
Enjoy priority access when visiting the cupola of the Florence Duomo. Climb to the top with your guide and soak up the spectacular views of the city.
- More Details
- Please note
- Reviews (1)
Michelangelo’s David Guided Accademia Gallery Tour Highlights
Michelangelo’s David Guided Accademia Gallery Tour Inclusions
Michelangelo’s David Guided Accademia Gallery Tour Exclusions
A visit to the cupola of the Florence Duomo is a must-do, but with it comes big crowds and long lines. Gain priority access to the Dome with your guide, climb to the top, and soak up the spectacular views of the city. It’s the perfect way to see Florence.
Meet your guide and climb to the top, courtesy of your priority entrance. Hear how the construction of the Duomo began at the end of the 13th century and took 2 centuries to complete. Marvel at the marble floors but don't forget to look up - the frescoes above are just as immense.
After your tour of the Dome, feel free to explore the rest of the five sites as your ticket for the complex will be valid for 3 days. After exiting the Cathedral, you can line up to re-enter the Cathedral and explore in your own time.
- Wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees as the Cathedral has a strict dress code. You may be refused entry if not properly dressed
- There are 463 steps to climb up, and there is no elevator. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Note that the climb up the Dome is very steep and narrow in some places
- Please note that headset worn to hear the guide does not work when climbing up the tower, due to the thick walls
- After the tour of the Dome, you will have to exit the Cathedral. If you would like to revisit the Cathedral after the tour, you will need to join the normal line. Entrance is free of charge.