Florence Food & Market Walk (up to 8 people)
DURATION: 3 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 9.30am
FREQUENCY: Every day, excluding Sunday
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Piazza della Repubblica, 7
The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €36 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €144 must be made on the day of the walking tour. The cost of the tastings are not included in this price.
On this private food tour, you’ll dive into Florence’s delectable culinary traditions while enjoying a stroll through a historic market, the city center and a rooftop with a spectacular view. Tastings include coffee and pastry, salami and cheese, olive oil and truffle oil, Florentine specialties from the tradition of cucina povera, a glass of prosecco and, of course, gelato!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Florence Food & Market Walk Highlights
Florence might be known as the birthplace of Renaissance art, but its regional cuisine is just as much of a claim to fame. On this tour, you’ll dive into Florence’s delectable culinary traditions while enjoying a stroll through a historic market, the city center and a rooftop with a spectacular view. Along this path of tasting experiences, your guide will elaborate on the regional identity of Florentine food and give you tips on some of the best restaurants, caffes and aperitivo hot spots for the rest of your stay in Florence.
Starting off in a historic caffe with your choice of coffee and pastry, you’ll proceed to the San Lorenzo market to taste olive oil, truffle oil, pecorino cheese and salami as well as an introduction to the shopping practices of the locals. If you’re brave enough to try the local street food, we’ll grab a bite before walking across the city center to a hidden gem of a rooftop where you’ll taste a very Florentine specialty and a glass of prosecco with an incredible view over the Duomo.
And lastly, they say gelato was invented in Florence so no food tour of the city would be complete without the final indulgence of trying some seasonal flavors of artisanal gelato at one of the best gelato shops in the city.
- Your guide will meet you outside the front entrance to the Hotel Savoy at Piazza della Repubblica, 7
- The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €36 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €144 must be made on the day of the walking tour.
- We advise not eating a big breakfast (or any breakfast!) before this tour that will start with coffee and pastry and include enough tasting stops that you probably won’t need lunch afterwards either.
- None of the prices for tastings are included in the tour price. They are estimated to be €20-€25 per person if you taste everything the guide has prepared to be tasted throughout the tour. This gives each guest some flexibility in what they choose to taste: for example prosecco can be substituted by fresh juice or a guest could choose to skip a tasting that doesn’t appeal to them and won’t be required to pay for what they don’t consume
- The tasting itinerary includes gluten, meats, and dairy. If you or a member of your group is allergic to any of these, you can skip a tasting here or there and your guide can offer a substitution.
- It is possible to do this tour with either strollers or wheelchairs, though keep in mind much of Florence is paved with wide cobblestones.
- Most of the tour will be done on foot or standing though there is one stop where we can sit and enjoy the view. It’s advised to wear comfortable walking shoes as you will be standing or walking for most of the tour.
- Full refund when the cancellation occurs 7 days before the tour
- No refund for a cancellation that occurs after that