Florence: Dome Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
DURATION: 90 minutes
DEPARTURE TIME: 11.15am or 2.30pm
FREQUENCY: Every day
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, Italian
MEETING POINT: Porta della Mandorla, the entrance of Brunelleschi’s Cupola in Piazza Duomo
Enjoy priority access when visiting the cupola of the Florence Duomo. Climb to the top with your guide and soak up the spectacular views of the city.
- More Details
- Please note
- Reviews (1)
Florence Dome Skip-the-Line Guided Tour Highlights
Experience a captivating guided tour as you explore the religious hub of Florence, taking in the magnificent buildings of the expansive Piazza del Duomo. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Baptistery, Belltower, and Cathedral, culminating in an awe-inspiring visit to the interior of the Florentine Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore. This grand church stands as one of the world’s largest, boasting majestic stone pillars, breathtaking stained glass windows, a sensational dome, and captivating frescoes.
Embark on a skip-the-line tour that grants you exclusive access to the hidden wonders of this sacred space. Journey “behind the ropes” along the left lateral aisle, venturing to the very heart of the cathedral. Stand mere steps away from the towering high altar, marveling at the immense Brunelleschi’s dome and the mesmerizing frescoes that adorn it. This extraordinary experience is truly one-of-a-kind and not to be missed when visiting Florence.
- Please bring passport or Id Card for children
- Wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees as the Cathedral has a strict dress code. You may be refused entry if not properly dressed
- There are 463 steps to climb up, and there is no elevator. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- The climb is not recommended for people suffering from heart problems, vertigo, or claustrophobia and for pregnant women
- Please note that headset worn to hear the guide does not work when climbing up the tower, due to the thick walls
- After the tour of the Dome, you will have to exit the Cathedral. If you would like to revisit the Cathedral after the tour, you will need to join the normal line. Entrance is free of charge.