Rafting on Rome’s Tiber River
DURATION: 2 hours
TIME: 10.30am, 3pm
FREQUENCY: Every day
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Porta del Popolo, outside the metro exit
*Please note only part of the payment is made online (€12 per person). The remaining payment of €36 per person must be made on the day of the rafting experience.
*The minimum number of participants for this activity is 4 people. If you don’t have 4 people, you can contact us and we will merge you with another group when possible.
Experience Rome like never before by rafting along the Tiber River! Get away from the hustle and bustle and see the Eternal City from the river. The route starts near Piazza del Popolo, then goes down the river, playing on some white water rapids. From Castel Sant’Angelo to the Tiberina Island, get ready to see Rome from a different perspective, away from the noise and traffic.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Rafting on Rome’s Tiber River Highlights
Rafting on Rome’s Tiber River Inclusions
Rafting on Rome’s Tiber River Exclusions
The route passes through Rome starting near Piazza del Popolo, it goes down on the river, playing on some white water rapids, away from the noise and traffic. The landing is in Trastevere.
The meeting point with our guide is at Porta del Popolo, near the metro exit. From there a short walk takes us to the boarding point. The initial briefing held by expert guides will provide all the information required to carry out the activity safely: description of the behavior in the boat, the commands, the technique of paddling, the equipment and what to do in case of a fall in water. Further explanation will then be provided directly on the boat.
Boarding is at the base of the Scalo de Pinedo, on the left bank. Some paddling to familiarize yourselves with the activity and the descent continues quietly, gliding on the water away from the traffic and noise of the city. Ancient and modern bridges following one after the other until all of a sudden, after a curve, you’ll se the majestic St. Angelo Castle and the imposing Dome of St. Peter (Vatican City) in the background! A first stop just under the Castel Sant’Angelo allows the participants to relax and take pictures. Another few hundred meters and you reach the Tiberina Island. While the ferry takes the right branch and stops shortly after Ponte Garibaldi we take the left branch and face the rapids below Ponte Garibaldi and those under Ponte Fabricio, another ancient Roman bridge! If the level of the water is right we can stop and have a walk around the Tiberina Island before landing on the Trastevere side of the river.
- Payment: please note only €12 per person will be paid now, the remaining payment of €36 per person must be made on the day of the rafting experience (cash only).
- Minimum group size: a minimum of 4 participants, max 20 participants.
- Minimum age: participants must be 12 years or older to participate. Adult pricing is applied to all participants.
- Cancellation policy:
- full refund when the cancellation occurs with an advance equal to or higher than 8 days before the rafting experience
- no refund if cancellations are made 7 days or less before the experience
- Bad weather: the rafting experience goes on, rain or shine! In case of adverse weather conditions that we deem may jeopardise safety (storm, hail, heavy rain, strong wind, floods), we will decide one or two days before the experience whether to go rafting or not. In this case, customers can request to choose another date for the experience or get a full refund.
- Logistical issues: at times it may happen that we cancel a rafting experience due to logistical issues not attributable to us (traffic block or block of access to the river banks). In this case, the customer can decide whether to postpone the experience to another date or get a full refund.
- Maximum weight 100 kg
- People can swim
- No previous rafting experience is required
- Pregnant women are not admitted
- Participants must be in good health, with no heart diseases
WHAT TO WEAR:
- It can happen to get wet (especially shoes and trousers): bring dry clothes
- Wear comfortable, not too heavy nor cumbersome: rafting is a strenuous activity and you get warm soon.
- Do not wear bags or shoulder straps.
- Wear sneakers or sandals with straps: barefoot, open sandals and flip flops are not allowed. If this condition is not met, customers will not be able to do the rafting experience.