Day Trip To Mount Vesuvius And Pompeii from Rome (for party of 1 to 7 people) (7.30am)
From: € 785,00
DURATION: 9.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 7.30am
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Hotel lobby or Apartment street level
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
This day trip from Rome to Pompeii & Mt. Vesuvius combines an archeological area full of history with a beautiful landscape. Explore the remains of Pompeii, the resort town in the South of Naples destroyed by the ashes of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, with a local guide. Before that, explore the mountain where it all began through a 90-minute hike up and down Mt. Vesuvius with a representative of the park.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (3)
Day Trip to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius from Rome Highlights
Day Trip to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius from Rome Inclusions
The Day Trip to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvio is full of archeological history with the beautiful landscape both from on top of the Mountain and looking up to it. The tours are led by expert English speaking drivers and local walking guides or Mt. Vesuvio park personnel whom will help to create a personalized experience while taking into account your specific interests. These incredible services enable you to tour the city with a native Italian guide showing you the real face of the city you are visiting.
Your day starts when you meet our driver guide in the lobby of your hotel in Rome and together you will make the drive towards Naples. Mt. Vesuvio is best know for its powerful eruption which destroyed Pompeii and Herculaneum in 79AD with lava, ash and fumes. On this day trip you will explore the mountain where it all began.
As you arrive way up Mt. Vesuvio you will be dropped off to a representative of the park for an approximately 90-minute walk up and back down the mountain. Following your hike up we will have time for a nice lunch and then continue on to Pompeii in the afternoon. Our driver guide will be happy to give you suggestions based on your tastes and budget. At the end of the day, we will drive you back to your hotel in Rome and you will take with you, many wonderful memories of your day in this amazing part of Italy. Weekday travel is recommended from May to October though we can offer this tour on weekends during that time if needed.
Pompei 2 hour walking tour - Usually at 2:00pm
Pompei used to be a resort town in the South of Naples, located on the western coast of Italy. Many wealthy Romans had "country homes" there. On a fateful summer's day in 79 AD, Mt Vesuvius erupted, spewing volcanic ash and lapilli (a small, lightweight pebbly material) over the village of Pompeii. At its largest, Pompeii had a population of approximately 20,000 people. Most people fled the eruption but an estimated 2000 people did not and died from toxic gasses or were buried in the eruption along with the city. Lasting for almost a full day, Pompei was buried under some 25 feet of volcanic material.
While Pompei remained in the local's memories, as time passed its location was lost. Rediscovered in the 1700s. Excavation was started, but not until the mid 1800s was there meticulous recording of the discoveries. Amazingly preserved by the lapilli and ash, much information from Pompeii has been regained. Almost 2,000 years later, you have the opportunity to explore the preserved ruins of this famous disaster.
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn't depend on the number of people in your group.
- This tour starts from your local Rome area hotel.
- Choose this tour only if you are based in a local Rome area hotel. If your hotel is located on the Amalfi Coast let us know and we can set you up with our Naples based team.
- The order of the sites you visit may be reversed based on traffic or guide availability and will be decided by the driver guide.
- The approximate length of the day is 11-12 hours and Naples is about 2.5-3 hours from Rome.
- Please note that we do not recommend this tour on weekends from May to October because of the increased traffic in the area. If a weekend date is required, let us know and we may be able to arrange it.
- In case you just can't get enough, you can add additional time at an hourly rate. Please ask for pricing in this case.
- Headsets, admissions, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
Pompei Admission & Mt. Vesuvio Entry Fee Information:
- Reserved tickets are not required but are to be paid upon entry.
- You will skip the general admission lines with our walking guide.
- At Mt. Vesuvio plan on paying about €10 per person for entry.
- Pompei Admission Prices: New seasonal pricing applies