Vatican Tour – Private & Skip The Line (for party of 1 to 7 people) (2pm)
From: € 250,00
DURATION: 3 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 2pm
FREQUENCY: every day except Sundays
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Caffè Vaticano – Viale Vaticano 100
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
Skip hours of notorious lines outside the Vatican and see wonders like the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica on this private Vatican skip-the-line tour. Our expert guide will walk you through the history and insights of these masterpieces. Plus, the afternoon tour is the best option to visit the Museums and St.Peter’s Basilica without the morning crowds.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (5)
Vatican Private & Skip the Line Walking Tour Highlights
Vatican Private & Skip the Line Walking Tour Inclusions
The Vatican Museums consist of 1,400 rooms - spanning 4 miles - filled with more than 70,000 works of art and 17,000 visitors every day - these are just some of the statistics of one of the major attractions in the world’s smallest sovereign country.
You will start here with your walking guide at your side to create a peaceful, informative 3-hour tour of the Vatican sites which includes access to the Sistine Chapel. This guided tour offers you the ability to fully absorb some of the most magnificent art collections from Roman antiquity to the Renaissance period. The museum boasts some of the finest examples of Roman sculptures as well as masterpieces by Raphael, Caravaggio, and Leonardo da Vinci. Perhaps the most beautiful is the lovingly restored Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo’s famous frescoed ceiling.
Your guide will discuss what you will see prior to entering and you will have some time to take in the beauty of the Chapel before continuing on to the last stop on the tour. Saint Peter’s Basilica is the largest Christian church in the world and the center of the Catholic faith. Built over the site of Saint Peter’s tomb, many famous Italian architects and artists left their mark here over the 120 years that it took to construct it. While inside this architectural masterpiece, your guide will point out a number of highlights and history of it and many other works of art including "La Pietà".
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn't depend on the number of people in your group.
- Meeting point at Caffè Vaticano - Viale Vaticano 100
- Admission tickets to any site, headsets, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour as shown when selecting the tour. However, we will add the cost for the Vatican tickets only when you select the tour and submit for availability. These will be included in the total cost of tour on your voucher as well. For now, ticket prices are referenced below for your convenience
- As The Vatican is a holy place, there is a dress code that should be respected. Therefore, it is required that shoulders be covered and no short shorts or skirts are appropriate on the tour. It is best to have your knees covered, even for men.
- If someone in your party uses a wheelchair, please note that we can reserve one for you but they are only available for use through the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel you will only be able to complete those portions of this tour. When exiting the Chapel there are steps that lead to the entry of St. Peter’s Basilica where unfortunately, you will not be able to use the wheelchair rented from the Museum and you will need to return it to the starting point of the tour at this time. Wheelchairs are allowed inside the Basilica if you have brought your own and someone in your group can carry it down the steps so we suggest this option if a wheelchair is needed. Using a wheelchair will also mean the pace of the tour is slower so please be sure to notify the guide if you have a preference as to what the most important sites are that you wish to experience as you may have to shorten up other stops.
- As there is no transportation included with walking tours you will need to plan on finding transportation to and from your walking tour. Your hotel should be able to help you find a taxi to make your way to the meeting point to start your tour and then your walking guide will be more than happy to help you arrange for a taxi after the tour. The cost is usually around 12-15 Euros on average.
- We have set a meeting point for this tour to make the best use of your time with the guide. Should you require an escort by taxi from the guide for any reason, as long as your hotel is centrally located, we can send the guide to your hotel. Please do consider that we may have to eliminate something from the itinerary or add 30 minutes to the tour at an hourly rate which can be discussed if requesting to be escorted. Please let us know what your preference is if you need an escort to the tour.
- While our meeting point is Caffe Vaticano, we do not recommend eating there as they have been known to take advantage of tourists.
- Please note it is prohibited to bring tripods, backpacks, camping or other bulky bags or luggage/trollies. You are allowed to enter with medium and small sized backpacks carried on a shoulder which must be checked by metal detectors and or opened and visually inspected by the Vatican authorities in the Vatican city.
- Please be prepared to show a photo ID (or photocopy) such as a passport, student ID or driver`s license upon entry at the Vatican as you may be asked for one. We will need to know the names and ages of those on your tour especially when they qualify for reduced fare tickets.
- We will pre purchase your Vatican tickets (on our account, not yours) so that you can skip the general line keeping in mind that it is obligatory to pass though the security screening line. This ticket includes entry to the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. While St. Peter’s Basilica does not require a ticket, but having one for our guided tour is the only way to skip the line and enter directly.
- Tickets and based on party size headsets, will be reimbursed to the guide when paying for the tour.
- Admission Prices:
- Headsets may be required if your party size is more than 5 people or for particularly busy days. They will vary in price from €1.50 per person to €3 per person depending on if you needed them for both the Vatican Museum and the Basilica, or just inside of the Basilica. We will organize this with the Vatican as we are obligated to use the headsets that they provide. Headsets are to amplify the guide’s voice; they are not a pre-recorded tour.
- Once purchased, tickets for the Vatican are Non-Refundable and Non-Exchangeable and need to be collected for regardless of possible changes to your travel plans as these are often purchased well in advance to secure your entry time.
We would like to mention the following: While Vatican City is the home of some major attractions such as the Vatican Musuems, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, it is first and foremost the largest operational Christian church in the world. As a result, it can and will close any portion, at any time, with little or no notice or information provided to us especially around church holidays. If we receive notice of this happening for your date, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible. We may not be able to make last minute changes once the tour is organized since our guides and tickets will have been aligned well in advance but our guide work with you to come to an agreeable solution and inform you of the options available. If this situation should occur for your tour date we will show you as much as possible based on what we have access to. 99% of the time everything goes exactly as planned and for that 1% we will do our best to adjust within the given circumstances. We realize that this may be less than ideal but unfortunately, we have no control over the Vatican’s schedule.
The Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel are closed on Sundays and the Basilica on Wednesday mornings. We do not offer tours to the Vatican on free days the last Sunday of the month when tickets are not available for purchase.