Day Trip To Orvieto And The Region Of Umbria from Rome (for party of 1 to 7 people) (8.30am)
From: € 600,00
DURATION: 8.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.30am
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Hotel lobby or Apartment street level
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
This day trip from Rome to Orvieto & the region of Umbria takes you to the green heart of Italy, exploring the Italian countryside along with its quaint villages. Orvieto is a 1500-year-old Italian town set atop a mountain overlooking the Umbrian valley, considered one of the most spectacular towns of Italy. Relax as you wind your way through this town exploring the small streets and squares. Afterwards, head to to Civita di Bagnoregio, the “ghost village” of Italy, and prepare to step back in time 1000 years as you cross the bridge to this magical village.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (2)
Day Trip to Orvieto & the Region of Umbria from Rome Highlights
Day Trip to Orvieto & the Region of Umbria from Rome Inclusions
This is one of our favorites and is a day trip only a little over an hour away from Rome through the countryside. We’ll start out from the lobby of your hotel early at 8.30am but will be sure to stop for a cappuccino along the way. Once outside of Rome and the Lazio region you will enter the region of Umbria, which is situated between Tuscany and Lazio. It is considered to be the green heart of the Italian peninsula where olive trees and vineyards cover the beautiful countryside.
Orvieto is a quaint Italian town about 1500 years old and is considered one of the most spectacular towns in the country. It is set atop a mountain and overlooks the entire surrounding valley. Relax as you wind your way through this town exploring the small streets and squares. There are many beautiful stores where you can buy pottery or other small handmade items for the kitchen and home that are made from olive wood. A visit to Orvieto is not complete without stepping inside the Duomo and taking a tour of the secret labyrinth of tunnels and passageways under this Etruscan jewel.
Next, an unforgettable lunch in Orvieto, or Civita if you prefer, with amazing regional food and wine is always a favorite part of the day. After lunch we will round out the day taking in the breathtaking panoramic views of the Umbrian landscape while visiting beautiful Civita, the “ghost village” only accessible by foot. Rick Steve’s guide-book considers this village to be one of the most amazing places in the country and only about 50 people currently live there. Civita remains a testimonial to the challenges and the ingenuity of medieval life. Prepare to step back in time 1000 years as you cross the bridge to this magical village.
At the end of the day, we will drive you back to your hotel in Rome, arriving around 5-5.30pm, and you will take with you many wonderful memories of your day in this the heart of Italy. This is a great option for guests that want to see more than just the city of Rome and is a great day trip year round.
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn't depend on the number of people in your group.
- This tour starts from your local Rome area hotel.
- The approximate length of the day is 8.5 hours and the drive is just over an hour from Rome.
- In case you just can't get enough, you can add additional time at an hourly rate. Please ask for pricing in this case.
- Headsets, admissions, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
- Depending on time availability, there is the option to have a tour of Underground Orvieto and learn about how this system of caves have been used throughout the centuries by the Etruscans.
- The cost of admissions is not included in the cost of the tour and is approx €6 per person.