Private Guided Tour of Colosseum & Roman Forum
DURATION: 2.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 10.45am, 12.15pm, 3pm
FREQUENCY: every day except the first Sunday of each month
MEETING POINT: at the green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station
Embark on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Ancient Rome with this private tour. Visit some of the best preserved archeological sites worldwide such as the Colosseum and the Roman Forum with an expert archaeologist, who will walk you through more than 1,200 years of Roman history.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (6)
Private Guided Tour of Colosseum & Roman Forum Highlights
The tour begins at the meeting point listed near the Colosseum. Your walking guide will be at your side to help you understand the history of Rome from 753 B.C. through more than 1,200 years of Roman domination until the fall of Rome in 476 D.C. We will be covering the Monarchy, Republic, and Empire periods during this 2.5 hour walking tour.
We will start out exploring the main level of Flavian’s Amphitheatre, known all over the world simply as “the Colosseum”. This structure is today still an important symbol for the Romans standing 50 meters high overlooking you like an old warrior, tired, but still full of pride. Walking next to the Arch of Titus, we will make our way to the Palatine Hill, where Rome was founded 2800 years ago and home to most of the Roman Emperors. The Palatino is considered by the Romans to be the most important of the seven hills.
Just down the hill you will reach the Roman Forum which was the center of any kind of decision-making whether it was financial, religious or political. The Roman Forum truly was the heart of the city and the brain of an empire that reached 60,000,000 people in the second century D.C.
This type of tour is a great choice if you have already had an overview of the city and now want to concentrate more on some of the archaeological parts of Rome, more in depth and on foot.
- The Meeting Point is at the green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled start time.
- This tour is not recommended for people with issues walking on uneven terrain, climbing stairs or who have other disabilities that require walkers or wheelchairs.
- Please wear sensible walking shoes for this tour and consider a hat for summer months and an umbrella for winter months.
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows