Colosseum & Vatican in a Day Private Tour (for party of 1 to 7 people) (8.45am)
From: € 390,00
DURATION: 5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.45am
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Hotel Forum – Via Tor de’ Conti, 25-30
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
Want to visit the Colosseum and the Vatican all in one day? You can with this private 5-hour walking tour! You will be guided by an expert guide that will walk you through the history and insights of these grand sites. Not to mention you will skip hours of notorious lines outside the Vatican and the Colosseum and see wonders like the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and Ancient Rome’s Colosseum.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (4)
Colosseum & Vatican in a day Private Walking Tour Highlights
Colosseum & Vatican in a day Private Walking Tour Inclusions
On this tour you will start with the visit of the Colosseum - one of the 7 wonders of the world. The tour is a full 90-minute immersion into the 2000 years of history of this amazing structure created by the Flavius family in 80 AD and that still today is for the Romans the symbol of their city. The visit includes the main level and the first level of the structure.
After the conclusion of this first part of the tour, you will move to the next site with your guide, by taxi or other means of transportation (not included in the price). The second part of the tour consist in the visit of the largest museum complex of the world "The Vatican Museums". The museums consists of 1,400 rooms, spanning 4 miles, filled with more than 70,000 works of art and 20,000 visitors every day - these are just some of the statistics of one of the major attractions in the world’s smallest sovereign country. You will be with your walking guide at your side to create a peaceful, informative 3-hour tour of the Vatican sites which includes access to the Sistine Chapel, Museums and the Basilica.
This is a great option if you want to maximise your time and not have to be walking for so long. This tour only includes the Colosseo and its most important parts. The Vatican tour is a more in depth tour that takes 3 hours. We suggest you wear comfortable walking shoes and are well rested from the night before. Keep in mind that transportation is not included in the price therefore you can choose to take a taxi or any other means of transportation from site to site.
At the end of the tour, our guide will be happy to show you to the closest taxi stand for your safe return to your hotel.
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn't depend on the number of people in your group.
- Meeting point at Hotel Forum - Via Tor de' Conti, 25-30
- Admission tickets to any site, headsets, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour as shown when selecting the tour. However, we will add the cost for the Vatican & Colosseum tickets only when you select the tour and submit for availability. These will be included in the total cost of tour on your voucher as well. For now, ticket prices are referenced below for your convenience
- This tour does not include the Underground section of the Colosseum or the Vatican.
- This tour is not recommended for people with issues walking on uneven terrain, climbing stairs or who have other disabilities that require walkers or wheelchairs.
- Please wear sensible walking shoes for this tour and consider a hat for summer months and an umbrella for winter months.
- We have set a meeting point for this tour to make the best use of your time with the guide. Should you require an escort by taxi from the guide for any reason, as long as your hotel is central, we can send the guide to your hotel. Please do consider that we may have to eliminate something from the itinerary or add 30 minutes to the tour at an hourly rate which can be discussed if requesting to be escorted.
- As there is no transportation included with walking tours, you will need to plan on finding transportation to and from your walking tour. Your hotel should be able to help you find a taxi to make your way to the meeting point to start your tour and then your walking guide will be more than happy to help you arrange for a taxi after the tour. The cost is usually around €12-15 on average.
- As The Vatican is a holy place, there is a dress code that should be respected. It is required that shoulders be covered and no short shorts or skirts are appropriate on the tour. It is best to have your knees covered, even for men.
- If someone in your group uses a wheelchair, please note that we can reserve one for you, but they are only available for use through the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, hence you will only be able to complete those portions of this tour. When exiting the Chapel there are steps that lead to the entry of St. Peter’s Basilica where unfortunately, you will not be able to use the wheelchair rented from the Museum and you will need to return it to the starting point of the tour at this time. Wheelchairs are allowed inside the Basilica if you have brought your own and someone in your group can carry it down the steps so we suggest this option if a wheelchair is needed. Using a wheelchair will also mean the pace of the tour is slower so please be sure to notify the guide if you have a preference as to what the most important sites are that you wish to experience as you may have to shorten up other stops.
- Please note that it is prohibited to bring tripods, backpacks, camping or other bulky bags or luggage / trollies so please plan ahead. You are allowed to enter with medium and small sized backpacks carried on a shoulder which must be checked by metal detectors and or opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection at the Colosseum.
- Please be prepared to show a photo ID (or photocopy) such as a passport, student ID or driver`s license upon entry at the Colosseo Museums as you may be asked for one. We will need to know the ages of each child on your tour when they qualify for reduced fare tickets.
- We will pre purchase your Colosseum tickets, the cost of which is not included in the cost of the tour but you will find it included in the final voucher once your tour is confirmed. Please keep in mind that in there is a security line that you must still go through to insure the safety of all and this cannot be skipped. Please be advised that you will still have to wait through the security line and this is not avoidable nor is it in our control. If you do not wish to enter the Colosseum, please let us know that in your email communication.
- Tickets and based on party size headsets when required will be reimbursed to the guide when paying for the tour.
- Headsets may be required at the Colosseum if your party size is more than 10 people or for particularly busy days. They are generally €1.50 per person
- This Ancient Rome walking tour or Colosseo admittance is not available on the first Sunday of any month due to the fact that this is a free day and tickets cannot be arranged in advance and the lines would be to long.
- Admission Prices:
- We will pre purchase your Vatican tickets (on our account, not yours) so that you can skip the general line keeping in mind that it is obligatory to pass though the security screening line. This ticket includes entry to the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. While St. Peter’s Basilica does not require a ticket, but having one for our guided tour is the only way to skip the line and enter directly.
- Tickets and based on party size headsets, will be reimbursed to the guide when paying for the tour.
- Admission Prices:
- Headsets may be required if your party size is more than 5 people or for particularly busy days. They will vary in price from €1.50 per person to €3 per person depending on if you needed them for both the Vatican Museum and the Basilica, or just inside of the Basilica. We will organize this with the Vatican as we are obligated to use the headsets that they provide. Headsets are to amplify the guide’s voice; they are not a pre-recorded tour.
- Once purchased, tickets for the Vatican are Non-Refundable and Non-Exchangeable and need to be collected for regardless of possible changes to your travel plans as these are often purchased well in advance to secure your entry time.
We would like to mention the following: While Vatican City is the home of some major attractions such as the Vatican Musuems, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, it is first and foremost the largest operational Christian church in the world. As a result, it can and will close any portion, at any time, with little or no notice or information provided to us especially around church holidays. If we receive notice of this happening for your date, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible. We may not be able to make last minute changes once the tour is organized since our guides and tickets will have been aligned well in advance but our guide work with you to come to an agreeable solution and inform you of the options available. If this situation should occur for your tour date we will show you as much as possible based on what we have access to. 99% of the time everything goes exactly as planned and for that 1% we will do our best to adjust within the given circumstances. We realize that this may be less than ideal but unfortunately, we have no control over the Vatican’s schedule.