Caravaggio Tour with Restoration Lab Experience
DURATION: 3 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 3.30pm
FREQUENCY: Monday – Friday
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: in front of the obelisk in Piazza del Popolo
*Please note that only a part of payment is made online to block the date of the tour, the remaining amount must be paid on the day of the tour.
Caravaggio is undoubtedly the most eclectic painter of the Baroque: a genius full of darkness, which is reflected in his works. You will discover a part of his production in some of the small churches of Rome such as Santa Maria del Popolo, with the famous Martyrdom of Peter and Paul, Saint Augustine with the Madonna of Loreto, and finally in the church which holds his first public commission, the cycle of Saint Matthew. If the option is selected (up to 6 participants), the tour will be completed with the restoration lab experience, looking at the amazing detail of Caravaggio’s canvases.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Caravaggio Tour of Rome Highlights
Rebellious, inspired, arrogant: Michelangelo Merisi, the man now known as Caravaggio, had a reputation no less shocking and dramatic than his work. His paintings ignited controversy with their unabashed portrayal of saints as common people in contemporary, urban settings. He infuriated the authorities but ignited the imagination of 17th century Baroque society with his naturalistic, bold and introspective paintings. Caravaggio is undoubtedly the most eclectic painter of the Baroque.
On this private tour, you’ll discover some of the most beautiful paintings by Michelangelo Merisi, which can be found in various churches in Rome.
*If the option is selected (up to 6 participants), after the tour you will also visit the restoration lab where you will see restoration works on Caravaggio’s masterpieces carried out right before your eyes! You will witness works being restored and learn about the various issues concerning restoration technique. A unique opportunity.
- Please note that the total price of this tour depends on the number of participants as follows:
- 1-2 people: 250 euro
- 3-4 people: 300 euro
- 5-7 people: 350 euro
- Please note that only a part of the payment is made online to block the date of the tour, the remaining amount must be paid directly to your tour guide on the day of the tour. The part to be paid online is as follows:
- 1 - 2 people: €50 total
- 3 - 4 people: €60 total
- 5 - 7 people: €70 total
- Please note that if you selected the Restoration Lab Experience, the payment of €500 must be made directly on the day of the tour.
- Please note that entrance fees are not included in the price of the tour and must be paid on the day of the private tour.
- Please note that you must dress appropriately as you will be visiting religious sites. You must always cover your shoulders and knees.
- Cancellation policy:
- total refund for cancellations made 5 days before the tour;
- no refund for cancellations made 2 days before the tour