Borghese Museum Private Tour (for party of 1 to 7 people) (8.45am)
DURATION: 2 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.45am
FREQUENCY: every day except Mondays
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Borghese Gallery Museum entrance – Piazzale del Museo Borghese, 5
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
Get lost in artworks by Bernini, Caravaggio, Rubens and Domenichino, among others. The Borghese Gallery walking tour provides a more detailed look at Cardinal Scipione Borghese’s very special art collection, considered one of the most beautiful worldwide. The gallery is set on two floors and boasts works of art spanning from paintings to sculptures and antiquities.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (4)
Borghese Gallery Private Tour Highlights
Borghese Gallery Private Tour Inclusions
The Borghese Villa is one of the most beautiful residences of Rome and was built in 1613 by Cardinal Scipione Borghese. The intent was to invite Roman society and to delight his friends with a splendid collection of precious works of art, both ancient and modern.
The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculptures and antiquities, begun by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, nephew of Pope Paul V. Scipione Borghese was an early patron of Bernini and an avid collector of works by Caravaggio. He was particularly interested in antique sculptures, but was also driven enough to patronise modern artists and commissioned works by Caravaggio, Bernini, Domenichino and Rubens.
The Borghese Villa has been modified and extended through the years, and was eventually sold to the Italian government in 1902 along with the entire Borghese estate and surrounding gardens and parkland.
Galleria Borghese houses 20 rooms across two floors and a visit encompassing everything on display will take a total of two hours. The main floor, mostly devoted to sculpture and Roman antiquities of the 1st to 3rd centuries AD, has a consistently breathtaking decorative scheme.
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn't depend on the number of people in your group.
- As this is a 2-hour tour and the guide will need to arrive before you to collect your tickets: In order to make the most of your time with the guide we have set a meeting point at: Borghese Gallery Museum entrance - Piazzale del Museo Borghese 5.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early and have noted that time on your voucher already. This will allow you to have time to go through security, get your headset and check items carried if needed, as entrances are strictly timed and the doors will be closed for late arrivers.
- Tour times other than what is listed may also be available. Tour times are only offered on the odd numbered hours of the day, so be sure to let us know if you prefer a different start time.
- This tour is subject to ticket availability.
- The Borghese Gallery is Closed on Mondays.
- Advanced purchase of tickets is required and there are a limited number of tickets available each day
- We will pre purchase your tickets for you and you will reimburse the guide when paying for your tour at the end of the day.
- Headsets to amplify the guide's voice are required and the fee is already included in the pricing below.
- Admission Price:
- The cost of tickets is not included in the cost of the tour.