Testaccio experience walking tour (with light lunch)
DURATION: 2.5 hours
FREQUENCY: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
MEETING POINT: Porta San Paolo train station, entrance hall: Roma Lido line
A 2 hours chatty walking tour in Rome, to and through the “Non Catholic Cemetery” garden, a unique and magic place in the heart of Rome, then to and through the “Testaccio food market” for a tasty supplì, a slice of pizza, a sip of “romanella” (a popular local sparkling wine) or a juicy “panino” for a real Roman experience with locals.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (1)
Testaccio Experience Walking Tour + Light Lunch Highlights
Testaccio Experience Walking Tour + Light Lunch Inclusions
Testaccio Experience Walking Tour + Light Lunch Exclusions
The walking tour starts with an awesome view of the “Piramide Cestia”, the only surviving Pyramid of ancient Rome: when Pharaos culture from Egypt had a major influence on habits of Romans upper class.
The Testaccio walking tour then heads to the “Non Catholic Cemetery”, a garden in the heart of Rome: also called “the lost poets park“, silent, peaceful and inspiring, with its awesome monumental graves, that hosts the remaines of British poets Shelley and Keats, of many painters, sculptors and artists, a number of scholars and several diplomats: a unique and magical place that offers shelter to a number of privileged cats as well.
The walking tour then reaches the “Testaccio food market” where we will enjoy a tasty supplì (a fried ball of rice with tomato and mozzarella), a slice of pizza, a sip of “romanella” (a popular local sparkling wine), a juicy “panino” and a nice chat about Rome and its bi-millenial history. An experience with locals from meeting to farewell.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years of age
- Customers under the age of 14 cannot participate in this experience
- We recommend comfortable shoes.
- We recommend you bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat from April to October
- All the itineraries can be slightly modified due to: road work, monuments improvements, very bad weather conditions, or any external condition that could affect the experience’s full enjoyment.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (unless there’s an “Official Severe Weather Alert” – in that case the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund)
- No refund for cancellations made up to 7 days before the experience