Ostia Antica archeological park & Borghetto experience with aperitivo included
DURATION: 3,5 hours
FREQUENCY: from Tuesday to Saturday
MEETING POINT: Ostia Antica Railway Station (Roma Lido line)
A 3.5-hour pleasant and chatty walking tour through the Ostia Antica archeological site and the “Borghetto”, a medieval citadel surrounded by 9th century walls, featuring a 15th century castle with a perfectly preserved round tower. A real Italian aperitivo with a Spritz, a glass of wine, beer or soda with a platter of cheeses, cold cuts, frittata and different kind of vegetables is included in this unique experience!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (8)
Ostia Antica & Borghetto Experience Highlights
The walking tour starts at the train station and takes you to and through the archeological park, where you will enjoy a 2-hour itinerary showing the site’s most relevant places.
The walking tour then takes you to and through the Borghetto: a perfectly preserved medieval village, dating back to the 9th century a.D, with unique charm.
After a stroll and lots of pictures we’ll enjoy a real Italian aperitivo inside the Borghetto with a Spritz, a glass of wine, beer or soda, with a platter of cheeses, cold cuts, frittata and different kinds of vegetables. After aperitivo we will take you back to the train staion. An experience with locals from meeting to farewell.
Meet & Greet
We’ll meet you at the “Ostia Antica” railway station (Roma Lido line) and walk you (5 minutes) to the entrance of “Ostia Antica archeological park”.
Visit of Archeological Park
We’ll walk you, for about two hours, through the archeological site: the once biggest river port of the Roman Republic first and empire then, a walk that will show you the complexity of a commercial city founded by king “Anco Marzio” and flourished until the very last days of the Empire.
Walk To & Through the Borghetto
We’ll walk you to and through the Borghetto: we pass the arched wall entrance and enter the unique and quiet setting of the medieval village and its perfectly preserved “Pope Giulio II Castle”.
After aperitivo we’ll walk you to the railway station and bid goodbye till next time!
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years of age
- Customers under the age of 14 cannot participate in this experience
- We recommend comfortable shoes.
- We recommend you bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat from April to October
- All the itineraries can be slightly modified due to: road work, monuments improvements, very bad weather conditions, or any external condition that could affect the experience’s full enjoyment.
- Take the Metro Mare train from “Porta San Paolo” train station connected with “Piramide metro station” (Line B), get off at Ostia Antica train stop after 25 minutes. You can use the same ticket as the one of the B line.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Tour takes place rain or shine (unless there’s an “Official Severe Weather Alert” – in that case the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund)
- You can cancel up to 48 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.