Ostia Antica archeological park & Borghetto experience + lunch
DURATION: 4 hours
SUMMER SEASON (May 1 – Oct 24): 9.30am (Thursday and Saturday), 4pm (Tuesday)
WINTER SEASON (Oct 25 – Apr 30): 10am (Thursday and Saturday), 2pm (Tuesday)
FREQUENCY: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
MEETING POINT: Ostia Antica Railway Station (Roma Lido line)
A 4-hour nice and chatty walking tour through the Ostia Antica archeological site and the Borghetto that is just in front of the park: a medieval citadel surrounded by 9th century walls and a 15th century castle with its perfectly preserved round tower. A full italian lunch is included in this unique experience!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (3)
Ostia Antica & Borghetto Experience Highlights
Ostia Antica & Borghetto Experience Inclusions
Ostia Antica & Borghetto Experience Exclusions
The walking tour starts at the train station and takes you to and through the archeological park where you will enjoy a 2 hours itinerary that shows the site’s most relevant places.
Then the walking tour takes you to and through the Borghetto: a perfectly preserved medieval village, dating back to the 9th century a.D, and its unique charm.
After a light stroll and lot of pictures we’ll enjoy a full italian lunch in a restaurant inside the Borghetto. You can choose between a Pasta Menu (mixed appetizer+3 pasta tasting) and a Meat Menu (mixed appetizer+ 3 meat tasting), water and wine are included. Vegetarian choices available on request. After lunch we will take you back to the train staion. An experience with locals from meeting to farewell.
Meet & Greet
We’ll meet you at “Ostia Antica” railway station (Roma Lido line) and walk you (5 minutes) to the entrance of “Ostia Antica archeological park”.
Visit of Archeological Park
We’ll walk you, for about two hours, through the archeological site: the once biggest river port of the Roman Republic first and empire then, a walk that will show you the complexity of a commercial city founded by king “Anco Marzio” and flourished until the very last days of the Empire.
Walk To & Through the Borghetto
We’ll walk you to and through the Borghetto: we pass the arched wall entrance and enter the unique and quiet setting of the medieval village and its perfectly preserved “Pope Giulio II Castle”.
After lunch we’ll walk you to the railway station and bid goodbye till next time!
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years of age
- Customers under the age of 14 cannot participate in this experience
- We recommend comfortable shoes.
- We recommend you bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat from April to October
- All the itineraries can be slightly modified due to: road work, monuments improvements, very bad weather conditions, or any external condition that could affect the experience’s full enjoyment.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Tour goes forward, rain or shine (unless there’s an “Official Severe Weather Alert” – in that case the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund)
- No refund for cancellations made up to 7 days before the experience