Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica Skip-the-Line Morning Tour (8.30am)
DURATION: 3.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.30am
FREQUENCY: every day except religious holidays
LANGUAGES: English, German, French and Spanish
MEETING POINT: Piazza Risorgimento (8.15am)
Avoid long lines with our exclusive skip-the-line access to uncover the history of the Vatican Museum’s world-famous art collections, the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (14)
Skip the Line Morning Tour Vatican Museums Highlights
Explore some of Rome’s greatest masterpieces on this one-day tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Don’t worry about spending your time in the notorious hour-long lines, with our tour you will skip all the lines and access the areas immediately. Our expert guides will walk you through the history and insights of these masterpieces, giving you an insider’s point of view.
The Vatican Museums
Visiting the Vatican Museums is a must on your trip to Rome. These museums are the third most visited museums in the world and are home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. Get ready to see first-hand some of the world’s most famous artworks by artistic geniuses like Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Caravaggio and Giotto.
The Sistine Chapel
Probably the most famous chapel in the world, the Sistine Chapel is known for its stunning frescos, especially Michelangelo’s world-renowned ceiling fresco: The Last Judgement. The Sistine Chapel is the 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums, completed around 1483. Apart from holding some of the world’s most inestimable artworks, it is still used today for religious reasons such as the Papal conclave, the process where the College of Cardinals elects the new Pope.
St. Peter’s Basilica
Designed by Bramante, Michelangelo, Maderno and Bernini, St. Peter’s Basilica is the largest and brightest example of Renaissance architecture in the world. It is the biggest of the four Papal basilicas of Rome, and it’s the center of Catholicism and the symbol of the Vatican State.
- Child ticket valid for children of 6-18 years of age
- Free for children from 0-5 years of age
- The meeting point is at 8.15am in Piazza del Risorgimento at the Bar Caffetteria L’Ottagono, 400 meters from the nearest subway stop Ottaviano.
- At the meeting point you will find our assistants in pink bibs with the I LOVE ROME logo and carrying pink flags.
- On Wednesdays the tour will not cover the Basilica due to the Papal Audience.
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- Closures: We inform our guests that, due to health and safety measures for Covid-19, the door that connects the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter’s Basilica will not be accessible until further notice. The guide will provide you a comprehensive explanation of the Basilica from the outside. We apologize for the last-minute inconvenience and wish you a magical tour!
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows