Colosseum Walking Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Skip the Line (9.30am, 10.30am, 2.30pm, 4pm)
DURATION: 3 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 9.30am, 10.30am, 2.30pm, 4pm (check calendar times)
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, German, French
MEETING POINT: Arco di Costantino (15 minutes in advance)
Embark on a journey exploring the grand monuments of Rome on this leisurely walking tour. From discovering the relics of Rome’s notorious Colosseum, to viewing the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, get ready to travel back in time to the Roman Empire with this afternoon skip the line walking tour.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (13)
Ancient Rome Walking Tour: Colosseum & Roman Forum Highlights
Ancient Rome Walking Tour: Colosseum & Roman Forum Inclusions
Go back in time with this guided tour through the heart of Ancient Rome. Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of breathtaking Roman architecture and walk in the footsteps of giants, learning the history behind these grand monuments.
Meet your guide at the Ach of Constantine before skipping hours of lines and immediately entering the Colosseum. As you walk inside the ancient ruins of the Colosseum, admire mankind’s genius which allowed for the concept to become a reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the arrival of modern engineering. Listen to your expert guide passionately guide you through the story of the Colosseum, once the most famous amphitheater in the world, holding up to 80,000 spectators, eager to watch gladiators fight to the death or see reenactments of famous battles. A symbol of both glory and disdain, the Colosseum has been standing for almost two millennia, and has served a variety of purposes over time.
Now it’s time to continue the walking tour and admire the splendid Arch of Constantine – sitting right outside the Colosseum – before exploring the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum, the center of Roman day-to-day life back at the time, and today one of the best preserved archeological sites. Continue exploring the jaw-dropping Palatine Hill and ending your tour with a much more significant and deeper connection to the history of Rome. Legend has it, that the Palatine Hill is where the she-wolf found Romolus and Remus, from which Rome received its name. Others believe that Rome might get its name from the Etruscan word “Rhumon”, meaning river. While no one will ever quite know the truth, what we do know is that the nickname “The Eternal City” fits just perfect.
The tour ends at the Palatine Hill where we will say our goodbyes and encourage you to visit the area on your own or head back to your accommodation.
- Child ticket valid for children of 3-17 years of age
- Free for children from 0-2 years of age
- The Meeting Point is at The Arch of Constantine on Via di San Gregorio (in front of Colosseum) 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. You will find our staff members in pink bibs with the I LOVE ROME logo, carrying pink flags.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue. Guests with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate to bypass security screening.
- The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine.
- The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking.
- This tour ends in the Colosseum vicinity.
- For security reasons the site’s Staff has the right to refuse the entrance of Visitors without a valid Passport or ID: please carry a valid document to avoid any inconveniences.
- Important: Take note that due to Colosseum security checks, bulky bags, trolleys or backpacks are not allowed. Important: If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened.
- From 6 August 2021 it will be possible to visit the Colosseum only if you are in possession of:
– COVID-19 green certification, issued after the administration of the first dose of vaccine, which is valid from the fifteenth day following until the date scheduled for the administration of the second dose (in case of a double-dose vaccine). The green certificate is in any case valid for nine months after completion of the vaccination cycle; – Recovery from the Sars-CoV-2 infection (six months validity); – Negative result of Sars-CoV-2 in a rapid molecular or antigenic test with a (48 hours validity); When entering you must show this documentation and your ID for the proper check. PLEASE NOTE: in the absence of a Green Pass and a valid ID document, any type of ticket purchased previously will not refounded.
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows