Private Foodie Tour of Rome
From: € 125,00
DURATION: 3 hours
TIME: 10am or 5pm
FREQUENCY: Every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
MEETING POINT: Piazza Trilussa (facing the fountain towards the right side in front of the steps)
Spend the morning learning and eating your way through Trastevere and the center of Rome with a personal Roman Foodie for the day! Indulge in a walking tour through nearly every aspect of Roman food. From a traditional Italian breakfast all through to dessert. Come hungry!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (4)
Private Foodie Tour of Rome Highlights
Private Foodie Tour of Rome Inclusions
Private Foodie Tour of Rome Exclusions
First stop for a typical Italian breakfast of cappuccino and fresh cornetto. Family-run bar using fresh ingredients for their baked goods, panini prepared daily and coffee brewed in the moment. Baristas are friendly and know all the regular customer’s names creating a local atmosphere in the heart of Trastevere.
Afterwards, we'll head to a local farmers market for a visit and a tasting of mozzarella di bufala and prosciutto.
Are you ready to try one of Rome's best street foods? We've got you covered with the best street food suppli in the neighboorhood! These guys want to make sure that every one of our clients have the best supplì experience that they carefully prepare each supplì as we make our way to this taste stop. In this case, bigger is not better. A tiny shop particularly famous for this product also offers a variety of pizza al taglio, homemade pasta of the day, fried zucchini or cod fish. Their fresh ingredients come directly from the San Cosimato market around the corner. One bite is all it takes to understand why this place has a lineup of Romans everyday to satisfy their hunger on the go.
Another must in Rome? Pizza al taglio! And what better place to eat pizza al taglio than an ancient bakery who’s history was built through four generations of bread makers? A shop so popular with locals that it is regularly crowded at all hours of the day. Delighting your senses with the chatter of the Romans, the sights and smells of the baked goods, the sound of the knife hitting the wooden counter of the meter long pizza that just came out of the oven. We add on some Italian beer for a match made in heaven.
Before we make our stop for lunch or dinner, we're going to walk through Campo de' Fiori market, one of the most famous food markets in Rome.
For lunch/dinner we're going to stop at an award-winning Slow Food “Osteria d’Italia” founded in the early 1900’s in association with the historical Roman Confraternita dei Macellai. A point of reference for authentic dishes in Rome we will savor Carbonara, Amatriciana, Cacio e Pepe. Each fresh ingredient are sourced from small local producers making this stop a fan favorite for lunch or dinner.
Our favorite gelateria is located just past the “talking statue” on one of the most suggestive streets of Rome. A husband and wife team making high quality gelato for over fifteen years, involved in each step of the process by choosing the fresh ingredients, production and finally serving their customers.
To top things off, this is where the most important question of the day will be asked “Would you prefer whipped cream or dipped in chocolate?”
*Included are two historical churches.
- Please advise for any food intolerances by replying to our confirmation email
- Whenever possible we do our best to tailor for vegetarian, pregnant women or particular allergies
- Please note we cannot make any substitutions for gluten free requests (no gluten free options for street food, pizza, pasta or cornetto)
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- In case of cancellation, you will be notified via email of the successful cancellation and its related fees. Cancellations can never be confirmed via telephone.
- We enforce a 72-hour advance refund policy; no refunds will be given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour commencement.
- All cancellations are subject to the cancellation fee of 30% of the total charge.
- No refunds are given after a tour has commenced.
- No refunds are given in case of either delay or non-appearance on the part of the customer.
- We do not guarantee refunds in cases of unforeseeable events, such as closures of sights (church, historical piazza) due to demonstrations, strikes, bad weather conditions or renovations.
- In case of the closure of sights, we will contact you as soon as possible to offer a substitute itinerary or reschedule your booking to a different tour option.
- You may request to change the date of your tour up to 72 hours prior to tour commencement .This change will be accepted only upon availability.
Day tour: 10am - 1pm
Evening tour: 5pm - 8pm