Rome City Segway Tour
Rome City Segway Tour
DURATION: 3.5 hours
TIME: 9.30am & 14.30pm
FREQUENCY: every day
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Piazza del Gesù, 47
*please note only €15 per person will be paid now, the remaining payment of €60 per person must be made on the day of the segway tour.
This Segway tour of Rome lets you see the very best of what this fascinating city has to offer. With the expert commentary of your guide you will cruise through the “Eternal City” with ease. Covering all of the major Rome highlights!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (4)
Rome City Segway Tour Highlights
Travel effortlessly up and down the Seven Hills of Rome and explore the ruins of the Roman empire, the centre of the Western world for centuries. Rome was not built in a day but you can experience its glory in just a few hours. Ancient Rome will take shape before your eyes as your Segway effortlessly carries you to sights that are too spread out to see on a walking tour. An orientation session before the tour begins will teach you everything you need to know about Segways. Beginners are welcome!
This tour will take you straight to Rome’s highlights and famous piazzas such as Piazza del Popolo, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Roll with us through Rome’s medieval and modern streets and discover the architectural and artistic wonders that make Rome one of the world’s top travel destinations.
Four hundred years ago, Bernini, Borromini and other great artists dramatically transformed a Renaissance Rome into the Baroque masterpiece we know today. Your guide will show you their greatest works, as well as other off-the-beaten track sites that can be easily missed if you don’t know where to look. We will visit the open air market of Campo de’ Fiori and hear why this piazza is the only square in Rome without a church. You will see the beautiful and famous Piazza Navona and the Pantheon that still stands after 2000 years. You will be amazed at how much of the city you can see on your Segway. Our guides will lead you through the maze-like roads of Rome, where a new treasure awaits you around every corner.
- Please note groups are of a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Payment: please note only €15 per person will be paid now, the remaining €60 must be made on the day of the segway tour (cash and cards are accepted).
- Full refund when the cancellation occurs 7 days before the segway tour
- 20% cancellation fee for cancellations that occur after that
- 50% cancellation fee for cancellations made 48 hours before the segway tour
- no refund in case of same day cancellation or no shows
- Payment will not be refunded for rainy weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed flight etc.
- We will give you the possibility to reschedule the tour, in case we are available, if you cancel at least 48 hours before the tour.
- Segways are appropriate for most people aged between 16 years and 70 years.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- Please bring proof of identification with your confirmation voucher.
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Simone Z –
Riding with the Segway even if we were newbies has been intuitive. The group was 6 people and we ran at the discovery of Rome with an archeologist with depth in Roman knowledges. Shortly we were already at Circux Maximun, where the film Ben Hur was filmed. He thought us about a fair optical illusion at the orange park and then to the terrace for the Roman Forum. A jump back to 2000 years ago. Every single part of the tour is worth every penny. To do it again with our guide Edward. Recommended even for beginners!
Louise D –
Booked a daytime tour by Segway – it was brilliant, saw and heard about lots of things we would not have seen on our own – Met some lovely people in our group of six. Wanted to keep the Segway for the rest of the day. Thank you to Flávio our guide for your wonderful way of telling us about what we saw and ensuring we were enjoying ourselves. Highly recommended.
Anna Burton –
If you’re looking for a fun way to explore Rome then I would not think twice about recommending this. We had a lovely 3 hours travelling around Rome on the Segways which made it such an easy and fun experience! Flávio was absolutely incredible and had so much knowledge about Rome and made us feel so comfortable on the Segways before we started the tour. We met some lovely people in our group which made it even better. We didn’t want it to end! What a lovely experience and it has definitely been our favourite thing about visiting Rome!
Emma W –
Had a lovely experience with our guide Riccardo, explored everything, very knowledgeable about the architecture and history. Excellent Segway teacher as I had no experience before hand and now I am very confident on one. Great real world knowledge to link back to modern day settings, very chatty and easy to talk to. We highly recommend our Roman Riccardo!