Ponza Island Private Day Trip from Rome
DURATION: 12/14 hours
FREQUENCY: Every day (15 June – 15 September)
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Your hotel
Join us on this private day trip from Rome to an idyllic island paradise, one of Italy’s best-kept secrets. Discover the beauty and mystery of the legendary Pontine Islands while enjoying the sun, sea and swimming.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (6)
Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome Highlights
Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome Inclusions
Day Trip Exclusions
Gorgeous crystal clear blue water, breathtaking views, relaxing ambience… isn’t this what you had in mind when you booked your trip to Italy? While the beaches near Rome are nothing to get excited about – Ponza Island, a tiny, hidden Mediterranean island paradise just a few hours from Rome is everything you imagined and more.
Your day starts early, but you’ll soon be rewarded for the effort. After checking in at our central office near the Colosseum, we’ll board our comfortable air-conditioned coach for a quick and easy transfer to our departure port where we’ll catch the fast boat directly to Ponza Island.
Upon arrival to Ponza, we’ll board the boat we’ll be calling home for the day. You’ll be greeted warmly by the captain and crew who will be leading our exploration of the Pontine Islands of Ponza. Depending on the wind and the sea, our itinerary will differ from day to day but your boat tour is sure to include breathtakingly beautiful stops at the island’s most important grottoes and swimming areas. Ponza Island is famous for its sparkling, crystalline blue waters and stunning terrain of cliffs and unique geological formations. Your captain will regale you with tales of the numerous legends the island has inspired. We’ll see the grotto of Circe, the seducing sorceress of Homer’s The Odyssey who turned Odysseus’ men into animals, and learn the heartbreaking true story of Lucia Rosa, whose name now lives on in one of Ponza’s most beautiful swimming areas.
When it’s time for lunch, our crew will prepare a simple pasta lunch directly on board in the boat’s kitchen. Lunch is served on deck with wine and water. There are plenty of shaded areas on board where you can escape from the sun.
Love the sun? Grab your beach towel and laze about on the boat’s deck as you enjoy the sea breeze. There is plenty to do on board and in the water, and our Tour Assistant will be there to accommodate all of your needs.
At the end of the day we’ll trade in our sea legs at Ponza Island’s port where you’ll have some free time to shop, explore the typical alleyways or grab a glass of wine before our 5:30PM ferry departure to the mainland where we’ll meet our transfer back to Rome.
IMPORTANT – CONFIRMATION REQUIRED:
- Due to the unique nature of this tour, last minute cancellations due to traffic, strikes and weather are possible. If you do NOT hear from us, please consider that your tour WILL be going forward. For all tours canceled due to traffic, strikes or weather an alternative will be offered or a free change of date. Where neither option is possible, a full refund will be offered.
- Cost of round trip ferry tickets must be paid at check-in (with cash or card).
- Due to a strict schedule, late arrivals cannot be accommodated and may not be entitled to a full refund.
- A paying adult must accompany all minors under 18 years of age.
- If you are traveling with young children (0-12), we require that you alert us at the time of your booking so that we can better accommodate you.
- For full enjoyment of the boat tour, you should be able to swim unassisted.
- Those who are prone to motion sickness are encouraged to take precautions before departure.
- We suggestion you bring sun protection (SPF cream, hat, sunglasses etc.), swimsuit, large beach towel and a change of clothes.
- We are unable to accommodate special dietary needs & restrictions. Alternative lunch must be self-provided.
- Infants up to one year of age who do not require their own seat during the transfer and ferry to/from Ponza Island travel for free and do not require a reservation. Please indicate if there are any infants when booking.
- In order to be eligible for a full refund your tour must be modified/canceled no less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time.
RETURN TIME & LOCATION:
Tour returns to our office around 8pm, depending on itinerary and traffic.