Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome
DURATION: 12/14 hours
FREQUENCY: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (15 June – 15 September)
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Via Celimontana 30/32 (6.30am)
*A fee of 50 euro per person for round trip ferry tickets is NOT included in this price and must be paid on the day of departure at the moment of check-in.
Join us on this day trip from Rome to an idyllic island paradise, one of Italy’s best-kept secrets. Discover the beauty and mystery of the legendary Pontine Islands while enjoying the sun, sea and swimming.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (6)
Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome Highlights
Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome Inclusions
Day Trip Exclusions
Gorgeous crystal clear blue water, breathtaking views, relaxing ambience… isn’t this what you had in mind when you booked your trip to Italy? While the beaches near Rome are nothing to get excited about – Ponza Island, a tiny, hidden Mediterranean island paradise just a few hours from Rome is everything you imagined and more.
Your day starts early, but you’ll soon be rewarded for the effort. After checking in at our central office near the Colosseum, we’ll board our comfortable air-conditioned coach for a quick and easy transfer to our departure port where we’ll catch the fast boat directly to Ponza Island.
Upon arrival to Ponza, we’ll board the boat we’ll be calling home for the day. You’ll be greeted warmly by the captain and crew who will be leading our exploration of the Pontine Islands of Ponza. Depending on the wind and the sea, our itinerary will differ from day to day but your boat tour is sure to include breathtakingly beautiful stops at the islands most important grottoes and swimming areas. Ponza Island is famous for its sparkling, crystalline blue waters and stunning terrain of cliffs and unique geological formations. Your captain will regale you with tales of the numerous legends the island has inspired. We’ll see the grotto of Circe, the seducing sorceress of Homer’s The Odyssey who turned Odysseus’ men into animals and learn the heartbreaking true story of Lucia Rosa, whose name now lives on in one of Ponza’s most beautiful swimming areas.
When it’s time for lunch, our crew will prepare a simple pasta lunch directly on board in the boat’s kitchen. Lunch is served on deck with wine and water. There are plenty of shaded areas on board where you can escape from the sun.
Love the sun? Grab your beach towel and laze about on the boat’s deck as you enjoy the sea breeze. There is plenty to do on board and in the water, and our Tour Assistant will be there to accommodate all of your needs.
At the end of the day we’ll trade in our sea legs at Ponza Island’s port where you’ll have some free time to shop, explore the typical alleyways or grab a glass of wine before our 5:30PM ferry departure to the mainland where we’ll meet our transfer back to Rome.
Our tour ends at our office just 400 meters from the Colosseum where you can catch the metro, bus or a taxi back home.
IMPORTANT – CONFIRMATION REQUIRED:
- Due to the unique nature of this tour, last minute cancellations due to traffic, strikes and weather are possible. Please call +39 334 960 9137 within 24 hours of your schedule departure to confirm the tour will be going forward. If you are unable to contact us, and do not hear from us, please consider that your tour WILL be going forward. For all tours cancelled due to traffic, strikes or weather an alternative will be offered or a free change of date. Where neither option is possible, a full refund will be offered.
- Cost of round trip ferry tickets, €50 per person, must be paid at check-in (with cash or card).
- Due to a strict schedule, late arrivals cannot be accommodated and may not be entitled to a full refund.
- A paying adult must accompany all minors under 18 years of age.
- If you are travelling with young children (0-12), we require that you alert us at the time of your booking so that we can better accommodate you.
- For full enjoyment of the boat tour, you should be able to swim unassisted.
- Those who are prone to motion sickness are encouraged to take precautions before departure.
- We suggestion you bring sun protection (SPF cream, hat, sunglasses etc.), swimsuit, large beach towel and a change of clothes.
- We are unable to accommodate special dietary needs & restrictions. Alternative lunch must be self-provided.
- Infants up to one year of age who do not require their own seat during the transfer and ferry to/from Ponza Island travel for free and do not require a reservation. Please indicate if there are any infants when booking.
- In order to be eligible for a full refund your tour must be modified/cancelled no less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time.
RETURN TIME & LOCATION:
Tour returns to our office around 8pm, depending on itinerary and traffic.