Bike Tour of Ancient Appian Way (E-Bike, 4.5 hours)
DURATION: 4.5 hours
TIME: Everyday at 9.30am or 9.45am (check calendar)
MEETING POINT: Via Labicana, 49
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate
Explore Rome with this guided bike tour. Pedal on the Ancient Appian Way, a 2300 year-old cobblestone Roman road while going past an ancient sepulchre, a Roman statue, the ruins of a circus and an imperial palace, the Christian catacombs and Pagan mausoleums; then leave the Ancient Appian Way to head towards the ancient Roman aqueducts rising over the fields on the horizon and follow them on their way back to Rome.
- Reviews (10)
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
Bike Tour of Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs & Aqueducts Park Highlights
Bike Tour of Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs & Aqueducts Park Inclusions
Pedal on the Ancient Appian Way, a 2300 year-old cobblestone Roman road while going past an ancient sepulchre, a Roman statue, the ruins of a circus and an imperial palace, the Christian catacombs and pagan mausoleums; then leave the Ancient Appian Way to head towards the ancient Roman aqueducts rising over the fields on the horizon and follow them on their way back to Rome.
Enjoy a ride through the Roman countryside that so well impressed 19th century travellers such as Byron, Goethe and Stendhal. An extraordinary tour of absolute beauty. A journey into a unique environment, in which miraculously intact nature, free from modernization, forms a backdrop to the continuous passage of historical, cultural and artistic events.
Length: 27 Km (17 miles), 70% of which off-road
Elevation: 200 mt
- Minimum group size: a minimum of 4 participants. If 48 hours before the scheduled bike tour departure time the number of participants is less than 4, you will be contacted and offered other alternatives to the bike tour. If none of the alternative tours are of your interest you can cancel your reservation and receive a full refund.
- Child policy: for obvious security reasons, infants under the age of 1 are not allowed to participate in bike tours. Children aged 1-5 years and weighing less than 25kg will participate in the tour on board a seat (front seat if the weight is less than 15kg, rear seat if the weight is between 15 and 25 kg) mounted on an adult’s bike. Children traveling on a seat are non-paying participants. Children weighing more than 25kg, and aged between 5 and 8 will use a baby-carrier extension connected to an adult’s bike. Children over the age of 8 can independently use a mountain bike or trekking bike as well as pedal assist bikes. All children traveling on a child-carrier extension or autonomous bike are considered adults for the purpose of the tour price.
- Cancellation policy: full refund when the cancellation occurs with an advance equal to or higher than 8 days before the departure of the tour; for a cancellation in the last 7 days before the departure of the tour (therefore also in case of no show) a penalty of €11 per person.
- Rain policy: In case of forecasted rain, customers can opt for one of the following 3 options: proceed with the tour (they will be provided with a poncho), move their reservation to another date or cancel the tour and receive a full refund. The decision for one of these options can be made / communicated until the time of departure of the tour.
- Please note that the route of this Ancient Appian Way tour includes some riding in the city (to reach the Ancient Appian Way Park, to connect it to the Aqueducts Park, and to return from it to the starting point).
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES (COVID-19)
- the enforcement of mandatory mask-wearing to enter the shop;
- the enforcement of a minimum interpersonal distance of 1 meter inside the shop;
- large transparent protective screen at our reception desk;
- daily disinfection of shared-use surfaces (such as pinpads);
- installation of sanitizing hand gel dispensers in key points of the shop, together with information on the disinfectant’s correct use;
- free provision of latex gloves
- participants will be asked to maintain a minimum distance of 1 meters from the guide and from one another
- the free use of protective visor will be offered to all participants (optional).