Live Ancient Rome Walking tour with Virtual Reality
DURATION: 3 hours
TIME: 9am, 1pm, 2.30pm (check calendar for times)
MEETING POINT: Arch of Constantine (Colosseum side)
Live an animated 3D reconstruction of the most famous ancient monument in the world – the Colosseum. Before making your way inside the monument with your skip the line ticket, you will wear a last-generation display Oculus VR to be virtually immersed in ancient Colosseum history, nearly 2000 years ago, when the amphitheatre knew its moments of greatest glory and fame. Afterwards, you will go inside the Colosseum with an expert guide, followed by a guided visit of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
- Reviews (0)
- More Details
- Please note
Live Ancient Rome Walking Tour with VR Highlights
Book a guided tour with an expert, authorized tour guide to explore Ancient Rome through a 3D certificate historical reconstruction of the Colosseum, in a completely immersive and virtual way! A real family tour experience, suitable for all family members because informative, educational and entertaining!
With a walking tour of Ancient Rome led by one of our professional guides, you will discover the culture, religion and everyday life; from the settlements of the first inhabitants of the Eternal City to the spectacles of the Colosseum.
Before making your way inside on the Colosseum with the ticket “Skip the Line“, you will wear a last-generation display Oculus VR, to be virtually immersed in ancient Colosseum history, nearly 2000 years ago, when the amphiteatre knew its moments of greatest glory and fame.
Through the animated reconstruction in 3D of the Colosseum and integrated by an accurate audio description , you can walk “live” in the square, admiring the majestic statue of Nero, inside the arena, between the roar of ferocious lions and gladiator combat, and finally into the mysterious underground where slaves move around silently to prepare and coordinate all the paraphernalia necessary to make the show a success.
Only the three-dimensional reconstructions of ancient monuments can offer a comprehensive understanding of their history and allow you to “see” and “relive” the life of Roman people as if you were travelling back into ancient times, experiencing in this way a multimedia and multisensory tour experience.
Completing the virtual experience, your guide will accompany you inside the most famous and best preserved ancient monument in the world, the Colosseum. Symbol of Rome and all Italy, the Flavian Amphitheatre, better known as the Colosseum, was the place where spectacles happened and built to accommodate from 50.000 to 75.000 spectators.
Once finished your adventure inside the Colosseum, your tour guide will take you through the triumph of the emperors: what we call Roman Forum or simply the squares built by the rulers of the Empire to glorify their power.
Passing directly from Roman Forum you will find out Palatine hill, the House of Romulus – founder of Rome. This open air museum is one of the seven hills of Rome which provides the history of the Roman settlements displaying houses, temples and many other places of daily life.
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of rights or reimbursement.
- Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at Colosseum, this could bring a slight delay on entering for ticket holders “Skip the Line.”
- Children under 18 must carry a valid ID document.
- Tour available all days at 9am and 2.30pm (from 1st April to 27th Oct) and at 1pm (from 28 Oct to 31st March)
- Tour not available on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December.
- We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, bad weather etc.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is advisable not to wear bulky and heavy luggage.
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
- The tour starts with a minimum of 2 people. If the minimum number is not reached, we will offer you two options: 100% refund or to choose another available date.
- Adults (18+ years): €77
- Kids (2-17 years): €57
- Infant (0 – 1 years): free
- All cancellations are subject to a 30% cancellation fee
- If you cancel between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee
- If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
You may also like…
Live Colosseum Guided tour with Virtual RealityFrom: €57,00
Live Colosseum Self Guided tour with Virtual RealityFrom: €43,00
Hills of Ancient Rome golf cart tourFrom: €75,00