Rome in One Day: Vatican & Colosseum with Real Skip the Line (8.30am)
DURATION: 9 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.30am
FREQUENCY: Monday – Saturday
LANGUAGES: English, German, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Piazza Risorgimento (Vatican Tour), Arco di Costantino (Colosseum Tour)
You may think it’s impossible to see the Vatican and the Colosseum in one day. But not with this skip the line tour. Skip hours of notorious lines outside the Vatican and the Colosseum and see wonders like the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Ancient Rome’s Colosseum all in one day.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (6)
Rome in One Day: Vatican & Colosseum Skip the Line Highlights
Explore some of Rome’s greatest masterpieces on this one-day tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum area. Don’t worry about spending your time in the notorious hour-long lines, with our tour you will skip all the lines and access the areas immediately. Our expert guides will walk you through the history and insights of these masterpieces, giving you an insider’s point of view.
The Vatican Museums
Visiting the Vatican Museums is a must on your trip to Rome. These museums are the third most visited museums in the world and are home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. Get ready to see first-hand some of the world’s most famous artworks by artistic geniuses like Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Caravaggio and Giotto.
The Sistine Chapel
Probably the most famous chapel in the world, the Sistine Chapel is known for its stunning frescos, especially Michelangelo’s world-renowned ceiling fresco: The Last Judgement. The Sistine Chapel is the 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums, completed around 1483. Apart from holding some of the world’s most inestimable artworks, it is still used today for religious reasons such as the Papal conclave, the process where the College of Cardinals elects the new Pope.
Get ready, as you will be visiting the Colosseum Area in the afternoon!
The second part of the tour involves visiting the Colosseum, where you will access with a fast entrance. Known as one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Colosseum was once the most famous amphitheater in the world hosting gladiator fights, battle reenactments, dramas based on classic mythology and animals from all over the world. You’ll also have the chance to visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
* Please note that you are responsible for reaching the Arch of Constantine (Colosseum) after your Vatican Museum visit.
- Child ticket valid for children of 3-17 years of age
- Free for children from 0-2 years of age
- This activity starts at 8.30am
- The meeting point is at 8.15am in Piazza del Risorgimento at the “Bar – Caffetteria L’Ottagono”. At the meeting point you will find our assistants in pink bibs with the I LOVE ROME logo.
- You are personally responsible to arrive to the different meeting points.
- The Colosseum meeting point is at 2.15pm at the Arch of Constantine. Look for our staff with our logo “I love Rome”.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the Colosseum.
- The tour ends near the archaeological area of the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- For Colosseum: For security reasons the site’s Staff has the right to refuse the entrance of Visitors without a valid Passport or ID: please carry a valid document to avoid any inconveniences.
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows