Vatican Museums: Skip-the-Line Guided Tour with Breakfast
DURATION: 3.75 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 6.50am
FREQUENCY: Daily except Sundays
MEETING POINT: Via Tunisi, 4
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (2)
Vatican Museums Early Entry Tour with Buffet Breakfast Highlights
Vatican Museums Early Entry Tour with Buffet Breakfast Inclusions
Have the Vatican to yourself on this exclusive early morning tour that whisks you through closed doors for a buffet breakfast in the peaceful Pinecone Courtyard, before anyone else enters the museums!
While the general public waits in line outside, you’ll feast on an Italian-American buffet of pastries, meats, cheeses, hot food and even pancakes, flipped by a pancake chef. Dining in the beautiful Pinecone Courtyard, alongside one of the Vatican Museums' most beautiful works of modern art, experience a level of tranquility rarely seen by Vatican visitors.
Then follow your guide to explore the Vatican Museums. Still closed to the general public, the Museums are quieter now than throughout the rest of the day. With only a maximum of 16 people per group, you’ll have time and space to really appreciate the art.
See rooms such as the Hall of Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries, Gallery of the Candelabra and incredible Raphael Rooms. Your guide will bring works of art to life, pointing out things you would have missed on your own.
Continue to the legendary Sistine Chapel. Then, skip the ticket lines to enter St. Peter’s Basilica. See the altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture.
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Entrance into the Vatican Museums requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• Please note that large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
• Sadly the tour is unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs, or those with any impairments requiring special assistance.
• Baby strollers and carriages cannot be accommodated on this tour.
• In the event of bad weather, the breakfast portion of the tour will be indoors and not in the Pinecone Courtyard.