Live Colosseum Guided tour with Virtual Reality
DURATION: 2 hours
TIME: 9am, 1pm, 2.30pm (check calendar for times)
MEETING POINT: Arch of Constantine (Colosseum side)
Go on a journey to discover the Colosseum, the world’s largest and most famous Roman amphitheater used for free public spectacles during the Roman era. You will journey through an exciting multi-sensory, informative, entertaining and totally immersive 3D experience using Samsung Gear VR . After your virtual experience, go on a guided tour inside the Colosseum to find out what’s left of everything you’ve already lived virtually. Afterwards, go on a self-guided Roman Forum and Palatine Hill visit with the same entry ticket.
- Reviews (1)
- More Details
- Please note
Live Colosseum Guided Tour with VR Highlights
Live Colosseum Guided Tour with VR Inclusions
Live Colosseum Guided Tour with VR Inclusions
Join the group accompanied by an authorized guide and begin your journey into Ancient Rome to discover the Colosseum, the world’s largest and most famous Roman amphitheater used for free public spectacles during the Roman era. You will journey through an exciting multi-sensory, informative, entertaining and totally immersive 3D experience, suitable for all ages. In this way you will give shape and color to your imagination and you’ll witness the history of the legendary amphitheater at the times of its greatest splendor.
Your expert authorized tour guide will welcome you with an introduction to the history of Ancient Rome and the Colosseum meanwhile your Samsung Gear VR will be configured, enabling you to start the virtual travel to discover the three Colosseum areas, not before you’ve received indications on its functioning. Through the animated and interactive 3D Colosseum reconstruction, integrated with a multilingual narrative voice and epic musical backgrounds with content completely certified by well known historians, you can virtually walk in the square among the inhabitants of ancient Rome, admire the fountain of gladiators or the Meta Sudans, the Temple of Venus and Rome, the majestic Colossus of Nero from which it derives the name of the Colosseum; into the arena raise your head to the Velarium, its giant red curtain as it closes to start the show, walk between the roar of fierce lions and attend gladiator fights and then rise to take the place of the emperor and decide the fate of the gladiator wounded with: “Death” or “Grace”! Finally, you will go down to the mysterious underground, to observe the slaves who move in silence between narrow and dark corridors to prepare and coordinate all the tools necessary to make the show a success; the gladiators who sharpen their weapons and the various cages in which the hungry beasts were locked ready to be raised by the hoists to the arena trapdoors, genial works of ancient Rome and faithfully reconstructed in 3D.
It’s time to find out what’s left of everything you’ve already lived virtually in person along with your tour guide that will accompany you inside the most famous monument in the world, where public shows were held, built to accommodate up to 75,000 spectators, the Flavian Amphitheater. After you have assimilated all the information contained in the 3D reconstruction and you’ve got answers to all of your questions and curiosity from your guide, so with a full overview of ancient history, if you are still eager to continue your journey into the history of Rome, you will be given the indications to continue the cultural visit inside of a real outdoor museum: the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, using the same entry ticket that was previously delivered to you.
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of rights or reimbursement.
- Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at Colosseum, this could bring a slight delay on entering for ticket holders “Skip the Line.”
- Children under 18 must carry a valid ID document.
- Tour available all days at 9am and 2.30pm (from 1st April to 27th Oct) and at 1pm (from 28 Oct to 31st March)
- Tour not available on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December.
- We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, bad weather etc.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- It is advisable not to wear bulky and heavy luggage.
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
- The tour starts with a minimum of 2 people. If the minimum number is not reached, we will offer you two options: 100% refund or to choose another available date.
- Adults (18+ years): €57
- Kids (2-17 years): €43
- Infant (0 - 1 years): free
- All cancellations are subject to a 30% cancellation fee
- If you cancel between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee
- If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.