Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Skip-the-Line Tour (8.30am, 2pm)
DURATION: 3.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 8.30am, 2pm
FREQUENCY: Daily except Sundays
LANGUAGES: English, German, French and Spanish
MEETING POINT: Piazza Risorgimento (15 minutes before)
Skip hours of notorious lines outside the Vatican and see wonders like the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on this one day tour. This tour is the best option to visit the Vatican Museums and St.Peter’s Basilica (from the outside). Our expert guides will walk you through the history and insights of these masterpieces.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (7)
Vatican Museums Tour Highlights
Explore some of Rome’s greatest masterpieces on this one-day tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Don’t worry about spending your time in the notorious hour-long lines, with our tour you will skip all the lines and access the areas immediately. Our expert guides will walk you through the history and insights of these masterpieces, giving you an insider’s point of view.
The Vatican Museums
Visiting the Vatican Museums is a must on your trip to Rome. These museums are the third most visited museums in the world and are home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. Get ready to see first-hand some of the world’s most famous artworks by artistic geniuses like Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Caravaggio and Giotto.
The Sistine Chapel
Probably the most famous chapel in the world, the Sistine Chapel is known for its stunning frescos, especially Michelangelo’s world-renowned ceiling fresco: The Last Judgement. The Sistine Chapel is the 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums, completed around 1483. Apart from holding some of the world’s most inestimable artworks, it is still used today for religious reasons such as the Papal conclave, the process where the College of Cardinals elects the new Pope.
St. Peter’s Basilica
Designed by Bramante, Michelangelo, Maderno and Bernini, St. Peter’s Basilica is the largest and brightest example of Renaissance architecture in the world. It is the biggest of the four Papal basilicas of Rome, and it’s the center of Catholicism and the symbol of the Vatican State.
- Child ticket valid for children of 6-18 years of age
- Free for children from 0-5 years of age
- The meeting point is at Piazza del Risorgimento at the “Bar – Caffetteria L’Ottagono”, 400 metres from the nearest metro stop “Ottaviano” 15 minutes before the starting time.
- At the meeting point you will find our staff members in pink bibs with the I LOVE ROME logo, carrying pink flags.
- This tour ends in St. Peter’s Square.
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows