Discover the best events in Florence this summer
Florence is home to some of the most world-renowned galleries and historic landmarks, making it the perfect place for exploration. Between the Piazzale Michelangelo and the Boboli Gardens, every corner of the city is its own work of art. This summer is packed with cultural festivals, Florentine concerts, and plenty of events to plan for the perfect summer vacation.
Keep in mind that July and August are generally the warmest and busiest months of the year in Florence. Florence is smaller than Rome and a very walkable city, however it is important to plan for the heat during the summer months. So, as you take it all in, be sure to stay hydrated, pack for warm weather, and grab plenty of gelato!
The Best Things to Do in Florence this summer
- View the beautiful artwork displayed in Pitti Palace, formerly owned by the Medici family, one of the most influential families of Florence;
- Take a day trip and explore some of Florence’s neighboring towns;
- Sip on delectable wines at this spectacular Wine Tasting while strolling through the beautiful city;
- Stroll through the beautifully arranged Boboli Gardens;
- Walk through the Uffizi Gallery and gaze upon Florence’s most beloved art;
- Admire one of Italy’s most famous attractions, Michelangelo’s David;
- Sight-see the beautiful city by Bike Tour in just under three hours;
- Join in on the unique Vintage Fashion Tour of Florence, where a fashion specialist will educate you on how to find vintage Italian clothing, shoes and much more;
- Enjoy a walk through the Giardino Torrigiani followed by dining and cocktails in nearby open-air restaurant, Serre Torrigiani;
- Explore the beautiful Tuscan hills of Chianti with a half-day Wine Tour, paired with exquisite Tuscan wine and food for an elevated experience
- Cool off from the heat with some of Florence’s most beloved Gelateria.
What events are in Florence in the summer?
- The Festa di San Lorenzo is one of the most popular festivals in Florence, with traditional Tuscan fair and live music. The event takes place on August 10th at Piazza San Lorenzo.
- Don’t miss out on Florence’s special concerts. With a broad range of music styles, you are sure to find a concert worth seeing!
- Make sure to check out the world renowned, historical Maggio Musicale Florentino Festival throughout the duration of summer.
- Don’t miss the open-air theater in the Uffizi Square hosted by Apriti Cinema from June 27th to August 7th with free admission. Each night there will be a different feature film, ranging from popular Florentine movies to internationally acclaimed films. Make sure to stop by the Uffizi for an unforgettable movie night in one of Florence’s most famous cultural spots.
- Let’s Get Digital is a must-see exhibit located at the Palazzo Strozzi, featuring a progressive take on a new art form featuring digital NFT designs. The exhibit ends July 31st.
- Firenze Dall‘alto Festival is back this summer and more popular than ever. This exceptional and unique Florentine experience showcases 10 different events: from concerts, talks, tours, and more in all different locations. This one-of-a-kind experience allows you to get a different perspective on Florence culture from all angles.
- Every summer, the spectacular Musart Firenze Festival brings the city to life. Located on the stage in Piazza Santissima Annunziata, this unique experience will show case exciting concerts and popular international music, as well as free events and photographic displays. Check out the calendar and plan for a night full of festival fun.
- Florence Folks Festival is a lively and dynamic festival that showcases authentic Florentine culture. This event pairs traditional regional eats with live music and activities for people of all ages. Get involved with local artists and vendors and enjoy this lively summer party in Florence.