Full Day Rome History & Fun City Tour (for party of 1 to 7 people) (9am)
DURATION: 8 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 9am
LANGUAGES: English and Italian
MEETING POINT: Hotel lobby or Apartment street level
*Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
Catch a glimpse of daily Roman life hidden behind ivy-clad corners, open-air markets, and underground passageways long forgotten through the centuries. On this tour you will have the convenience of transportation the entire day and your driver guide will cover the major highlights of Rome both inside and outside the city walls. Explore Piazza di Spagna, the Pantheon, the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, the Catacombs and more at your own pace for an unforgettable and stress-free journey.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (3)
Full Day Rome History & Fun City Tour Highlights
Full Day Rome History & Fun City Tour Inclusions
Let us assist you in creating an unforgettable and stress-free journey on our History & Fun 8-hour tour, Rome through Roman eyes. On this tour you will have the convenience of transportation the entire day and your driver guide will cover the major highlights of Rome both inside and outside of the city walls for a more in depth view of Rome. The tours are led by expert English speaking driver guides who will help to create a personalized experience while taking into account your specific interests.
Our tours will allow you to be able to catch a glimpse of daily Roman life hidden behind ivy-clad corners, open-air markets, and underground passageways long forgotten through the centuries. These incredible services enable you to tour the city with a native Roman tour escort showing you the real face of the city they are so passionate about. The tours are available in English or Italian, and are delivered with an insight and style that keeps our tours entertaining, fun, and informative.
To begin, you will be picked up at your hotel lobby in a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned van by our experienced driver guide. In the spirit of “when in Rome, do as the Romans do”, we will take a morning coffee break for the best cappuccino in Rome at the famous Saint Eustachio Bar, hidden just behind the Pantheon. You will explore a number of amazing sites and will have the ability to get out of the van for pictures or to take a closer look.
This will not be a drive-by tour but rather go at your pace, based on your interests. We will also include time during the tour for lunch at a restaurant with some tasty local wine and homemade Ravioli by Nonna Mimma before continuing on with your tour. We are happy to provide other luncheon suggestions based on your tastes and budget if needed. The tour will end with a final “Arrivederci” at your hotel at the end of the day.
Choose this tour when you want to see both inside and just outside of the city walls of Rome. With our driver guides you will have advanced access to skip the lines. In case you would like to plan to visit Ancient Rome on a walking tour with us, please just request our alternate sites itinerary by email for your driver guided tour so as not to create overlap in the sites you will visit.
- Please note that the price of this tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people in your party (max 7 people).
- There are no discounts for children as the price of the tour is fixed and doesn’t depend on the number of people in your group.
The Colosseum tickets need to be reserved in advance and if you wish to enter the site you need to inform us in advance and depending on availability we will be happy to purchase the tickets for you.
The itinerary of this tour includes the Colosseum just from the outside.
- Admission tickets, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
- Please be prepared to show proof of age for children on the tour that are 17 and under whom qualify for the reduced fare ticket. Valid ID must be in the form of an official photo ID (or photocopy) such as a passport, student ID or driver`s license.
- Please note it is prohibited to bring backpacks, camping or other bulky bags or luggage / trollies. You are allowed to enter with medium and small size backpacks carried on a shoulder which must be checked by metal detectors and or opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection.
- Colosseo admittance is not available on the first Sunday of any month due to the fact that this is a free day and tickets cannot be arranged in advance and the lines would be to long.
Colosseum Ticket Information: (If you chose to enter during your driver guided tour)
We will pre purchase your Colosseum tickets with our own account and not yours so that you can skip the line but, PLEASE keep in mind that you will still have to go through the security line to insure the safety of all and this cannot be skipped. Please be advised that you will still have to wait through the security line and this is not avoidable nor is it in our control. Length of wait has been varying based on the day of the week and how many security screening lines they have opened up.
- The admission ticket includes one entry each site with an inside visit to the Colosseum though you will enter unguided since this will be during the driver guided portion of your day. The driver guide will give you the full history of these sites before helping you to skip the line and enter and time to explore the inside on your own.
- In case you would like to visit the Forum or Palatino on foot on the next day your can use your ticket to enter the Roman Forum and Palatine hill within a 24 hour period.
- Headsets may be required at the Colosseum if your party size is more than 10 people or for particularly busy days. They are generally €1.50 per person.
Admission Prices Colosseum:
- €26 per adult 18+
- €10 per youth 0-17
Catacombs & Crypt Ticket Information:
Pre purchased tickets are not necessary. With our driver guide you will have accelerated entrance. The admission costs are not included in the cost of the tour and will be paid upon entry as follows.
Catacomb Admission Prices for a guided visit:
- €8 per adult 16+
- €5 per youth 6-15
- Free youth 5 and under
Crypt of the Cappuccin Monks Admission Prices: