Florence Wine Tasting Experience with a View (up to 6 people)
DURATION: 2.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 4.15pm
FREQUENCY: Every day, excluding Sunday
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Piazza della Repubblica, 7
The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €32 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €128 must be made on the day of the walking tour. The cost of the tastings are not included in this price.
This private tour takes a traditional wine tasting to the next level with tastings to compare Italian sparkling, whites and reds in three iconic locations across the city and with a certified sommelier and licensed tour guide at your side. Learn about Italian and Tuscan wines while enjoying some sensational views at each stop alongside tales and curiosities from Florentine history as you stroll across the city.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Florence Wine Tasting Experience Highlights
On this tour you’ll enjoy a full Italian wine tasting experience with a certified sommelier and licensed tour guide in three charming locations across Florence. This tour is all about “compare and contrast” as you sample two types of wine at each stop and alternate between tasting and strolling across the city as the late afternoon fades to evening.
The first stop on this wine tasting experience will compare two types of Italy’s sparkling wine – the famous prosecco and a classical method “champagne style” sparkling wine from the north of Italy, sipped while overlooking the best hidden rooftop view of the Cathedral of Florence. Stroll through the city center with your guide pointing out a few curiosities and anecdotes that color Florentine history as you make your way to the second stop in the Oltrarno district.
Tucked into a cozy wine shop decorated with floor to ceiling bottles, you’ll compare two white wines, a fresher light bodied white and a more full bodied varietal, paired with cheeses as you discuss food and wine pairing tips and tricks. After a stroll through the Oltrarno district with a view of the imposing Palazzo Pitti, we’ll end the tour with a comparison of some classic Tuscan reds while enjoying a spectacular view over the Arno river of the Ponte Vecchio.
By the end of this tour you’ll have tried six different Italian wines for a total of 3-4 glasses of wine per person paired at each location with bites to eat, making this a kind of deluxe Italian aperitivo, the traditional drink and snack before dinner.
- Your guide will meet you outside the front entrance to the Hotel Savoy at Piazza della Repubblica, 7.
- The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €32 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €128 must be made on the day of the walking tour.
- None of the prices for tastings are included in the tour price. They are estimated to be €35 per person if you taste everything the guide has prepared to be tasted throughout the tour.
- It’s advised to wear comfortable walking shoes as you will be standing or walking for most of the tour.
- Full refund when the cancellation occurs 7 days before the tour
- No refund for a cancellation that occurs after that