Colosseum Underground Tour with Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
DURATION: 3 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 9.30am, 10.10am, 1pm, 1.35pm, 3pm (check calendar times)
MEETING POINT: The green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station (30 minutes in advance)
Visit the Colosseum Underground, Arena, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill skipping long lines at the entrance. Take an informative tour led by expert professional guides.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Guided Tour of Colosseum Underground, Arena, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Highlights
Remained astonished by the Colosseum imposing shape, so majestic that it seems to be part of the horizon!
Get ready to enter into the legend! ” The Flavian Amphitheater”, also known as the Colosseum, is clearly the symbol of the Roman history and its glorious past. Without wasting time in unnecessary waits thanks to the priority entrance ticket, our expert will guide you inside to admire the place where gladiators and wild animals used to fight and show you how this amazing place worked.
Descend into the Underground section with an archeologist to see the ongoing excavations. Find yourself backstage at the most famous games in Ancient Rome and walk the steps of the Gladiators before the fights. Be surprised by the behind-the-scenes logistics and technology.
Then go up to the ground level and learn about the innovative building techniques used by the ancient Roman engineers. Travel back in time as you delve into the history of Ancient Rome and find out about the social and political function of this mighty amphitheater.
You will walk through the Arch of Constantine and across the Roman Forum, the cultural and political center of the Ancient Rome, the deep heart of the Roman Empire.
Then we will take you to visit the Palatine Hill, where Rome was legendary founded and where you will be able to see the ruins of the Imperial palaces. Learn how this beautiful area became the beating heart of the Empire and enjoy breathtaking views over the Colosseum and Circus Maximus.
- Child ticket valid for children of 2-17 years of age
- The Meeting Point is at the green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled starting time. Please note that there is also an upper floor exit of the Colosseo metro station; please go downstairs.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue. Guests with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate to bypass security screening.
- The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine.
- The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking.
- For security reasons the site’s Staff has the right to refuse the entrance of Visitors without a valid Passport or ID: please carry a valid document to avoid any inconveniences.
- Important: Take note that due to Colosseum security checks, bulky bags, trolleys or backpacks are not allowed. Important: If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened.
- Cancellations without penalties within 31 days before tour date
- 100% penalty from 30 days before tour departure and for no-shows
- If the tour is canceled by the provider due to poor weather, you will be given a full refund