Uffizi Gallery Tour: Explore the Heart of the Renaissance (up to 8 people)
DURATION: 2.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 1.30pm
FREQUENCY: Every day, excluding Monday
LANGUAGES: English, Italian
MEETING POINT: Via Lambertesca, 1r
The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €36 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €144 must be made on the day of the walking tour. The cost of the tickets are not included included in this price.
Skip the line at Florence’s Uffizi Gallery and discover the largest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world. With a private guide enlivening the gallery highlights with anecdotes and historical context, you’ll gain a more thorough and textured experience of pieces by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and more.
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (0)
Uffizi Gallery Tour Highlights
Skip the line at the Uffizi Gallery, Florence’s most famous museum on a tour that devles into the heart of Renaissance art and history. The Medici family built the Uffizi and started the art collection that today has grown into the largest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world. Your private guide will help navigate this vast collection, both in terms of bringing you straight to the highlights but also in understanding the history behind the paintings, their style, their subjects, and the political or religious atmosphere in which they were created.
You’ll see artistic masterpieces by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael… Giotto, Gentileschi, Titian and Caravaggio. What are the hidden meanings behind Botticelli’s Birth of Venus? How would Michelangelo have felt with his work displayed alongside his rival Raphael? And what’s the scandalous story behind the famous female artist Artemesia Gentileschi’s painting? The paintings found in the Uffizi are without comparison and with the details provided by your guide, you can gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation of these works.
With each piece laid out in chronological order you can easily follow the changes in society and history as we trace the changes we see in the paintings, making this less a tour about listing names and dates as a starting point to understand some of the great changes going on in Florence and Europe during the 15th and 16th centuries.
As this is a private tour, your guide can adapt to your interests, focusing in more detail on your favorites or picking up the pace to take in more of the gallery. We prefer to have a conversation with our guests so we can provide a unique and tailored experience of the Uffizi.
- Your guide will meet you in front of the restaurant Antico Fattore (Via Lambertesca, 1r). This is just a few steps down the Via Lambertesca street from the Piazzale degli Uffizi.
- The cost of the tour is fixed and does not depend on the number of people (up to 8) or the ages of children or adults in your party. Only €36 will be paid online, the remaining payment of €144 must be made on the day of the walking tour.
- Your guide will reserve skip the line access into the Uffizi Gallery but the price of the tickets is NOT included in the tour price.
- The cost of Uffizi tickets changes during the year. From March-October they are €24 per adult and €6 per children under 18 with ID. From November-February they are €16 per adult, €6 per children. These prices all include the €4 booking fee required to reserve in advance. You can pay for your Uffizi tickets on location at the museum with cash or credit card.
- Be prepared to go through security at the Uffizi Gallery. No large backpacking backpacks, pocketknives, etc. Small backpacks and bags are acceptable.
- It is possible to do this tour with either strollers or wheelchairs.
- It’s advised to wear comfortable walking shoes as you will be standing or walking for most of the tour.
- Full refund when the cancellation occurs 7 days before the tour
- no refund for a cancellation that occurs after that