The Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel After Hours Tour
DURATION: 2.5 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: 7pm on Fridays and 5.30pm on Saturdays
FREQUENCY: Fridays & Saturdays (April – October only)
MEETING POINT: Via Santamaura 14/B (7.15pm)
Explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel by night. Have one of the most unique and exclusive experiences of a lifetime: experiencing the Vatican as night falls with an expert insider guide and a small group of only 12 guests or less. Not everyone can say they’ve visited the Vatican after it closes to the general public!
- Tour Itinerary
- Please note
- Reviews (4)
After Hours Vatican Tour Small Group Highlights
With this Vatican by night tour each visitor will get a once-in-a-lifetime experience and visit the world-famous Vatican Museums at night time, when the crowds have gone. How many people can say they’ve walked through the halls and galleries of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapels when they were almost empty?
Avoid the huge daytime crowds and opt for an exclusive skip-the-line tour of the Vatican in the evening. A passionate and expert guide will take you through the history and insights of the architectural and artistic masterpieces that fill the museums. You’ll experience the Sistine Chapel with Michalengelo’s The Last Judgement and Creation of Adam completely undisturbed.
The protagonist of the evening tour is without a doubt the Sistine Chapel. Just imagine, the privilege of visiting at this time was once reserved just for Popes and the Papal Conclave.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
- Reductions are not applicable
- All participants are charged €90 (unless there’s a discount on our website)
- The tour starts at 7.30pm on Friday and at 5.30 on Saturday
- Please make your way to the departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time. The meeting point at Via Santamaura 14/B.
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Cancellations without penalties within 24 hours before tour date
- 100% penalty from 24 hours before tour departure and for no-shows